Articles you may Like
Children above 5 years and up to 12 years of age to pay full ticket rail fare instead of half ticket rail fare, for travelling in Reserved Coaches of Railways
Ministry of Railways has revised the half fare for children between 5 years and 12 years to full rail fare for reserved coaches from 1st April 2016.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR No. 71 OF 2015
No.TC II/2910/98/Child Fare
New Delhi, dated 02.12.2015
The General Manager(Comml.)
All Zonal Railways
Sum-Revision in the Rule 211 of-IRCA Coaching Tariff No. 26 Part I (Vol. I): Fare for children.
In partial modification of provisions Contained in Rule 211 of IRCA- Coaching Tariff No. 26 Part I (Vol. I), Ministry of Railways have decided that in case of children of age 5 years and under 12 years of age for whom full berth/seam in Reserved Class) is Sought at the time of reservation, full adult fare for such child shall be charged. However, if berth/seat is not sought for the Children of age 5 years and under 12 years of age at the time of reservation, then half of adult fare shall continue to be Charged subject to minimum distance for charge.
2. There shall be no change with regard to child fare for unreserved class.
3. The revised Child fare rule shall be applicable with effect from 10.04.2016. CRIS may carry out necessary changes in the software and testing well before 10.12.2016.
4. Necessary changes shall be carried in the reservation form so that the passenger can mark their option for requirement of full berth/seat for Child or not.
5. Special arrangements shall be made to ensure that necessary instructions should reach the staff well in time. Steps should also be taken to ensure that the staff fully understand these changes and implement them properly.
6. This Issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
7. Zonal Railways shall ensure that wide publicity is given through the press, media and also through
notifications and announcements at stations.
Dy. Director Traffic Commercial-II