TNEA 2014 – Points to be noted while appearing for Counselling
TNEA 2014 – Anna University is conducting Tamilnadu Engineering Admission 2014. TNEA2014 is a process of allotting Engineering seats to 1,50,000 students in around 500 Engineering Colleges in Tamilnadu through single window system. The details of Points to be noted while appearing for Counselling are given below :
TNEA 2014 – Points to be noted before appearing for Counselling
- Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their merit. Based on the merit and communal reservation, allotment of the branch/college chosen by the candidate will be made. Candidates have to opt for colleges and branches that are available at the time of counselling.
- Candidates have to pay an initial deposit of Rs.5000/- (Rs.1000/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu) by Cash or DD and produce all their original certificates when they attend counselling.
- If a candidate has deposited all the certificates in an Institution where he/she has already been admitted, a letter from the Head of the Institution should be produced to that effect. In such case only, attested photocopies of certificates from the Head of the Institution will be accepted for verification. However, the provisional allotment order will be withheld and it will be released only on production of all the original certificates.
- Eligible candidates who have applied may appear for counselling according to their cut-off mark, two hours before the counselling session along with their original certificates for verification, irrespective of receipt of individual communication.
- The date, time and venue for counselling will be intimated to the candidates, published in leading dailies and in Anna University, Chennai website. No change of date/time of counselling is permissible. Authorities are not responsible for any postal delay; or non receipt of intimation for counselling. Candidates who do not attend counselling have to forego the claim for admission.
- Due to unforeseen and unavoidable reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he/she can authorise his/her parent on his/her behalf and the parent’s decision will be binding on the candidate.
- Due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate could not attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he/she can attend on a subsequent time/date, during the counselling period. But the candidate can only opt for the seats available at that time and cannot claim any seat as per original rank. If the ranking of a candidate is changed due to re-totalling/revaluation of mark, he/she can attend counselling as per the new mark and rank, though the call letter specifies different date (as per original mark).
- Once allotted a seat, the amount Rs.5,000/- (Rs.1,000/- in the case of SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu) already paid at the time of counselling will be adjusted in the tuition fee. If a candidate does not join after allotment and seeks refund, only 80 % of the initial deposit amount paid at the time of counselling will be refunded, if original allotment order with acknowledgement for the receipt of payment is surrendered on or before 31.12.2014. All admissions made through single window system are provisional.
CHOICE ONCE MADE IS FINAL AND CANNOT BE CHANGED
Please note that the Last Date for submitting the filled in application is 20.05.2014.
The filled-in application along with enclosures should be sent to:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
Chennai – 600 025
[catlist tags=”Tamilnadu-Engineering-Admissions-2014″ numberposts=10]