+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Television Set Future of CRT TV

Junior Member balajeeva97

Default Television Set Future of CRT TV

Dear friends my 25 inch AKAI CRT TV is almost dead after 11 years. I am planning to buy a new one. Now LCD and Plasma TVs are also available in plenty. But the CRT TV is not completely vanished but still available. Due to price considerations my better half suggested to for a CRT TV -most porbably Philips or LG. But I am little bit confused. Can any one suggest me whether it is advisable to buy a CRT TV costing around Rs13000 to Rs19000. Another doubt is if we buy a CRT Tv will I have service support at least for the next 5 years? Let me also know the after sales service of Philips and LG.

Balaji.T

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friend
    There are several schemes for exchange of old TV with new one with large screen at various malls. If your budget is low, you should go for any of these scheme. CRT TV will definitely not be vanished in near future since demand for LCD tv is still with some high income group and most of our population do not come under that. Demand for CRT will continue. A 29" CRT will be good for you.
    As regards service after sales, all companies are doing their best in this regard and thus there seems no problem wth any brand. All companies are providing 24 hours service.
    Jitendra

Junior Member balajeeva97

Thank you Jitendra JI.

Regards
    balaji.t

Junior Member gsmbooster is on a distinguished road

There are many new types of TV available in market with great benefits like LED and 3D TV. If you really love to watch TV shows and movies on HD format then you should consider such latest TVs.

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by balajeeva97 View Post
    Dear friends my 25 inch AKAI CRT TV is almost dead after 11 years. I am planning to buy a new one. Now LCD and Plasma TVs are also available in plenty. But the CRT TV is not completely vanished but still available. Due to price considerations my better half suggested to for a CRT TV -most porbably Philips or LG. But I am little bit confused. Can any one suggest me whether it is advisable to buy a CRT TV costing around Rs13000 to Rs19000. Another doubt is if we buy a CRT Tv will I have service support at least for the next 5 years? Let me also know the after sales service of Philips and LG.

Balaji.T
    Dear Balaji,
    1. Other considerartions should also be there, like the probability of your moving house in near future and the probability offered by LCD/LED Tvs etc.
    2. You are ready to spend Rs 19k. If you stretch your budget a little bit, you can accomodate LCD, if not LED. Some companies also offer free DTH dish/DVD player with LCD/LED, making it a good buy.
    3. Quality of picture on LCD compared to CRT is drastically improved and stress to the eyes is minimal.
    4. For CRT: although both Philips and LG are reputed brands, I would suggest to go for Samsung slim based upon my personal experience.

Take your pick and best of luck.
    Alok Sinha.

+ Reply to Thread