+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LTC for the initial eight years or four years

Member PRD Fernandez is on a distinguished road

Default LTC for the initial eight years or four years

Dear sirs
    LTC for the fresh recruits as per 6CPC states that ‘ allowed to travel to their home town along with their families on three occasions in a block of four years and any place in India on the forth occasion. This facility shall be available to the Government officers only for the first two blocks of four years.’ Here I need our friends’ clarification that this facility facilitates a new recruit to avail LTC for the initial eight years or four years continuously. Because as per current LTC rule a block of four years have two block years and as the new rule states ‘only for the block of first of two blocks of four years.’

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friend
    New LTC rules effective from 1/9/2008 for direct recruits are applicable to all those who have not completed eight years of service till that date. MoF has recently given a clarification in reply to MHA query, in this regard. Now regarding your query, it is to inform that there is no change in Block Year already prescribed. In brief, the current Block year for LTC is 2006-09(i.e.2006-07 and 2008-09), this will remain the same for all including direct recruits. Suppose if some one has joined in 2007 then he can take one year LTC for Home Town for 2008 and 2009 on each occassion or he may avail one Home Town and One all India LTC for 2008-09. Again for the next Block Year of 2010-2013, he can avail three Home Town and one All India LTC and so on till completion of 8 years of service subject to other conditions. Similarly who have joined in 2005, his LTC for the Block Year up to 2007-08 has been completed. But for the remaining 5 years he can avail one+one for 2009-10 and three home town or two home town+1 all India for the next three years. I think It is sufficient to satisfy you.
    with regards
    Jitendra

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by PRD Fernandez View Post
    Dear sirs
    LTC for the fresh recruits as per 6CPC states that ‘ allowed to travel to their home town along with their families on three occasions in a block of four years and any place in India on the forth occasion. This facility shall be available to the Government officers only for the first two blocks of four years.’ Here I need our friends’ clarification that this facility facilitates a new recruit to avail LTC for the initial eight years or four years continuously. Because as per current LTC rule a block of four years have two block years and as the new rule states ‘only for the block of first of two blocks of four years.’
    Dear friend,
    What you have missed is that "A Block of Two Year" represents LTC to Home Town in a Block of 4 years. Normally, a Govt servant is allowed Two such LTC to Home Town (one in each Block of Two years ) or a combination of Home Town in the first Block of Two years and one LTC to anywhere in India, within Block of Four years.
    First Two Blocks of Four Years means two consecutive Blocks of Four years and Not Two LTC Home Town Block of two years".
    As an aside, you may notice that even though first eight years are made available, since the eligibility to avail LTC would accrue only after completion of the First year, effectively there may be only Seven LTC Home Town after initial appointment.
    With regards,
    Badri

Member PRD Fernandez is on a distinguished road

Dear sir
    Thank you very much through your explanation (s) I have convinced my office.

Fernandez
    Last edited by PRD Fernandez; 12-03-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Junior Member gutam2000 is on a distinguished road

Default LTC for who have not completed 8 yrs of service as on 1-9-2008

In the swamy's hand book 2010 on page 212, it is written as "Those who have not completed 8 years of service as on 1-9-2008 are also eligible for the concession - OMs dated 23-9-2008 and 24/26-2-2009.

This information is enough for the office to approve my LTC? I have joined in Jan 2004 and I shall be completing 8 yrs in Jan 2012. Can I avail LTC for home town (3) and anywhere (1) for this block 2010-13?

Please advise/clarify me.

Thanks
    Sridhar Gutam

Junior Member naresh6655 is on a distinguished road

Default LTC Clarification

I availed of LTC Home Town in August/September 2009. I intend to avail All India LTC in August 2010. Am I entitled to do so. I have not availed All India LTC for the current block year 2010-2013. Shall be grateful for clarification please. Anything in Black & White would be appreciated please.

Junior Member suheli1979 is on a distinguished road

Respected Sir, i joined BSF in nov'2008. From which year can i avail LTC or rather which will be my first block of 4 years? Plz reply

Senior Member aneesh is on a distinguished road

Default Ltc

Quote Originally Posted by suheli1979 View Post
    Respected Sir, i joined BSF in nov'2008. From which year can i avail LTC or rather which will be my first block of 4 years? Plz reply
    Dear Suheli
    You can avail LTC after one year from the date of joining. The present block is 2010 to 2013. Your first block 2006 to 2009 including grace period of one year upto Dec. 2010 is over and the same has been lapsed.

Junior Member RKSINGH is on a distinguished road

Sir, I have joined in Jan 2004 and I shall be completing 8 yrs in Jan 2012. Can I avail LTC for home town (3) and anywhere (1) for this block 2010-13?

Please advise/clarify me.

Junior Member ARCHUNANVISION is on a distinguished road

Default LTC after completing 8 years in 3rd year of the corrent block year 2010-2013

Dear all,

I have joined the service in 2004. according to the new rules I have got the LTC benefits of every year for 8 years from 2005 to 2012 and the same is completed in 2012. The present LTC block is 2010-2013. I have take the LTC for 2012 as per the new rule. But now what will be in 2013. whether I can get the LTC in 2013 for the block of 2012-2013. my question is how the LTC is claimed after completing 8 years in the 3rd year of the corrent block year 2010-2013.

Junior Member Harjit Singh is on a distinguished road

Whether the provision of LTC for the fresh recruits (first two blocks) is applicable for the persons joining in any Govt organisation after taking retirement from Defence (with 15 years of service)
    Last edited by Harjit Singh; 01-10-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Harjit Singh View Post
    Whether the provision of LTC for the fresh recruits (first two blocks) is applicable for the persons joining in any Govt organisation after taking retirement from Defence (with 15 years of service)
    Please refer to FAQ#10 at (http://persmin.gov.in/DOPT/RTICorner...re/FAQ_LTC.pdf)

Victor

Junior Member Harjit Singh is on a distinguished road

Dear Victor,

Thanks for quick response.

But, doubt remains same. Issue is that , In case of fresh recruits, entitlement will be different in the first eight years of service. This will be applicable from the initial date of joining even though the employee change the job within the Governement. In case of retired Defence personnel, if these first eight years entitlement will be there ? (point here is Defence gives LTC /free travel concession to defence personnel every year).

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Harjit Singh View Post
    Dear Victor,

Thanks for quick response.

But, doubt remains same. Issue is that , In case of fresh recruits, entitlement will be different in the first eight years of service. This will be applicable from the initial date of joining even though the employee change the job within the Governement. In case of retired Defence personnel, if these first eight years entitlement will be there ? (point here is Defence gives LTC /free travel concession to defence personnel every year).
    Only a fresher who joins any kind of service for the first time will be entitled to this benefit.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread