+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LTC and EL Encashment

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Exclamation LTC and EL Encashment

Dear Friends,
    I have three queries, namely,
    (i) Should the period on LTC cover the whoe leave? ( For instance, I go on Leave on LTC for say, 10 days, (with obvious intention of encahsing 10 days) should my outward journey start on the first day and return jounrney should conclude only on the last day of the leave (save Holidays prefixed and suffixed).

(ii) What if I could not perform the journey or for any other reasons, i could not file claim of LTC?(would I forfeit the Encashment)?
    (iii) Supposing, on account of wrong decision of my Department regarding eligibility of 5400 Grade Pay, I had gone by Flight, and let us assume my LTC claim is also settled without any objection Lateron, the mistake of GP 5400 is rectified and recovery of excess pay is ordered, what would happen to such LTC claim (settled and the fault was not mine)?
    With regards,
    Badri

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Dear Sir,

1. Encashment of leave is linked with availment of LTC, but at the same
    time, there is no necessity that the leave encashment period and LTC period should exactly match with starting and ending days of journey.

2. In case you are unable to perform, you will naturally inform the office that you could not undertake the journey, by which time, the LTC encashment will also become null and void. By the time you perform any time subsequently the LTC, you can avail provided you have not drawn the encashment amount or even if you had drawn if you surrender back on cancellation of your earlier programme.

3. Those who are receiving GP Rs.5,400 or Rs.6600 are entitled for Air Travel for Official Tour and the same entitlement applies for LTC also.
    The O.Ms dated 23.9.2008 of DoPT as well as Dept. of Expenditure Min. of Finance in r/o LTC and TA respectively may be referred in this regard.

Sl. No.1 and 2 above are my personal views. You may also please
    cross check it up.

Best Regards.

Exclamation LTC what if journey could not be performed

Dear friends,
    It appears My learned friend has missed the point I was trying to make.
    On query number (ii),I was referring to a hypothetical case where LTC Journey could not be made, but the the Actual Leave was availed and the individual did not attend office and was officially on leave.In that case, just because the individual has not performed LTC Journey, could he be denied Leave encashment, (in other words, when the individual has exhausted 10 days earned leave and loses another 10 days towards, leave encashment, where is the hitch. The Rule talks about Leave Encashment while on LTC.
    To add one more twist, supposing I performed journey, (I say I performed), and I do not enclose tickets. Obviously I would be denied any Jouney Fare.How can the department say that I will not be eligible for Leave Encashment?
    On Query Number (iii), I am sorry I did not elaborate, our department(Central Excise ) has given a clarification(??) that even service rendered in the Pre Rev scale of 7500 (on ACP) shall be reckoned for computing the 4 year Regular Service.
    My question is, supposing I have acted on this clarification given by CBEC, and travel by Air, would I not be running the risk of facing recoveries? My fears are based on the fact that Expenditure Dept (implementation Cell ) has already clarified that 4 year regular service shall be reckoned from the date of promotion to the pre rev scale of 7500. Obviously placement on the higher scale (7500) under ACP, does not amount to promotion.
    On Query number (i), I just wanted a reassurance on my understanding. I thank my learned friend, srrjee for the kind attention he paid to my queries.
    With regards,
    Badri.

Junior Member DR.VBP is on a distinguished road

Default proof of travel

Dear badri
    If ticket is the proof of travel .It can be considered that tou have not travelled at all.There you could lose the encashment as well. There are cases inmy department for travelling a small portion by private vehicle disallowing the entire LTC !
    DR.VBP

Default LTC encashment related query

Friends,
    I thank Dr.VBP for the response. Submitting Bill and proof of Journey and availing Leave on LTC are two different issues. I perform journey, I am entitled to leave and encashment. As for reeimbursement of travel fare proof of jouney by way of Tickets/copy/details thereof have to be given.
    As an aside, it is true that journey by pvt vehicles is not permitted, and it is equally true that in the past the entire claims of LTC were rejected. But, if you go by Swamy's Hand Book, (2008 Edition) in such cases, only the respective portion of expenses are to not to be reimbursed.
    With Regards,
    Badri.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear Shri Badrji
    What Shri Sundarar and Dr VBP said is true and there is no scope of if and but regarding encashment of leave while on LTC. The term itself explains the meaning of encashment. No hypothetical situation as suggested by you, can arise. Since no LTC is claimed, encashment can not be made. If it happens then any one could take leave and also could claim LTC. Why will he not be eligible for LTC? Though he has availed 10 days EL for leave may be sitting at home. Is it possible in govt offices.
    As regards claim of LTC, if competent authority is not satisfied with geniuneness of claim of LTC, he can denied reimbusement either in full or in part as the case may be.
    with regards
    jitendra

Default Leave encashment and LTC

Dear friends,
    I thank Jjee and Dr.VBPjee, for their views.
    While I respect the views expressed by the learned friends, even now, I feel if the Journey has been performed and there is some (acceptable)evidence is produced, only the Fare component can be denied for failing to produce Tickets and the Encashment component has to be allowed.This proposition is based on the ground that Leave Encashment is allowed on the condition that there should be a travel and actual earned leave is availed (equal to or more than) the amount of EL encashed.
    I agree with our friends in the limited sense that in case there was no Actual Travel, there can not be any legitimate claim to Encashment of EL.

For obvious reasons, I am not including any fraudulant claims here.
    With regards,
    Badri

Senior Member sudacgwb

Thumbs down Availing EL during year end - Regarding.

Ref: Limit of EL balance in one's account to 300 plus 15.

When one has 300 plus 10 day EL on 30th Dec. of any year, on 1st of the next year his EL will be limited to 300 Plus 15 (as the maximum permissible is only 300 plus 15 at any point of time) which means only 5 days of el is accrued againt the entitlement of 15 days of el on 1st Jan.

By availing 10 days EL wef 31/12/2008, he will join the duty only on 10th Jan 2009, which will become the first working day of 2009. On that day what will be his el balance?

i) 300 plus 10 minus 10 days availed wef 31/12/2008 and plus 15 days el (of the first half year addition of 2009. Which means it will be 300 plus 15. Is it correct.?

Will some one clarify.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sudacgwb View Post
    Ref: Limit of EL balance in one's account to 300 plus 15.

When one has 300 plus 10 day EL on 30th Dec. of any year, on 1st of the next year his EL will be limited to 300 Plus 15 (as the maximum permissible is only 300 plus 15 at any point of time) which means only 5 days of el is accrued againt the entitlement of 15 days of el on 1st Jan.

By availing 10 days EL wef 31/12/2008, he will join the duty only on 10th Jan 2009, which will become the first working day of 2009. On that day what will be his el balance?

i) 300 plus 10 minus 10 days availed wef 31/12/2008 and plus 15 days el (of the first half year addition of 2009. Which means it will be 300 plus 15. Is it correct.?

Will some one clarify.
    Dear friends,
    From the query raised by my learned friend ssjee, I understand 300 days EL accumulated and 10 days remain from the account of 15 days EL kept aside on 01july of say 2008.
    Now from 31.12.2008 the individual is granted EL for 10 days. This shows, out of the said 10 days kept aside, one day will be debited and the remaining 9 days would get lapsed. Nowthe rmaining 9 days would be debited from the said 300 days EL. The Balance would be 291 days. On 10th of January, when the individual returns, further 15 days (that was due for being credited on 01.01.2009) would be credited to the leave account.This takes the leave account to 300 days plus 6 days. This 6 days EL would be kept aside for enabling the individual to avail himself of during the period from 11.01.2009 till 30.06.2009.

My view is based on the stipulation that Advance Credit is to be set off agaainst EL availed during respective half year ending 30th June or 31st December as the case may be.
    The case may be different if the individual opts to encash earned leave. In such an eventuality, the individual may be left with 290 [300 plus 10 minus 20 (10 days EL actual and 10 days EL encashed)on 31.12.2008.
    and consequently, when he returns from leave he would be greeted with 15 days advance credit as a consequence of which he would have 300 in the EL account and 5 days available for adjustment against EL during the period 11.01.2009 to 30.06.2009.
    (calculatios based on information available at page #110/111 swamy's hand book (2008 )Edition.
    With regards,
    Badri

Senior Member sudacgwb

Default Thank you!

Dear BDji,

Thank you for clear info. Information noted in my memory!

ss

Senior Member sudacgwb

BDji

Can an official who will be relieved on transfer can take EL from the date of relief (if HOO is willing to grant)?

ss
    Last edited by sudacgwb; 30-12-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Junior Member Neel is on a distinguished road

Default LTC and Leave encashment

Dear Sir,
    The orders regarding leave encashment in connection with LTC is not very clear. Suppose a Govt. servant likes to avail LTC for his family members and simultaneously apply for encashment of 10 days leave. How it can be refused because no where it is mentioned that equal no of earned leave is to be availed by the Govt. servant to get the benefit of leave encashment. Similarly , if a govt. servant avails ltc with casual leave and apply for encashment of 10 days leave , can it be denied? Gconnect may please clarify .

Senior Member narayanan is on a distinguished road

BDji

Can an official who will be relieved on transfer can take EL from the date of relief (if HOO is willing to grant)?

ss
    Dear friends,

I have not seen any instructions relating to procedure for availing EL during the joining time.

In my view, one should proceed on EL first and he can be relieved (deemed) while on leave. The HOO can't grant EL for a period after the date of relief. However, on reporting to the HOO of the new office during or on completion of joining time and if he is ready to grant EL, one can avail EL before joining in the new office.

With regards,

Narayanan.

Dear friends
    There is no restriction on grant of leave(EL) from the date of relief. It is a normal practice followed in many offices. Relief order it self contain the text that "Official will be on EL for a period of ---- days after date of relief"
    Jitendra

Junior Member skjiaf

Default ltc and EL encashment

Suppose one is going for 20 days EL in a year and likes to encash 10 days in that year, then his total leave will be counted as 30 days in that particular year.

Exclamation LTC leave encashment and quantum of debit.

Quote Originally Posted by skjiaf View Post
    Suppose one is going for 20 days EL in a year and likes to encash 10 days in that year, then his total leave will be counted as 30 days in that particular year.
    Dear shree skjee,
    Yes, 30 days will be deducted from the earned leave account.You will get twenty days Earned leave, you must avail yourself of LTC (either of the two schemes) for 20 days.
    By the way, friends may kindly note that the thread is actually meant for Pay Fixation.

With regards,
    Badri

Junior Member parameshbhuvana is on a distinguished road

Default Ltc encashment

Dear friends

My office a/o says at the time of ALL India LTC only we can
    encash 10 days that too once in four years.

One of our employee have applied for encashment for
    10 days while availing Home Town 2 year block

What the rule posistion says

Can anybody clarify this

Thanks

Member mrajeev is on a distinguished road

Default Ltc leave encashment

Nowhere it is mentioned that the Encashment is possible on All India LTC. The three conditions as per the eralier Leave Rules were (a) At least An equal number of Earned Leave has to be availed for encashment of EL alongwith LTC, (b) LTC journey should be performed and (c) The number of Earned Leave so encashed will be deducted from the EL Encashment at the time of Retirement. In this, the third condition was relaxed in the initial order regarding LTC encashment by VIth CPC, ie the Leave Encashed during LTC will not be deducted from the 300 days EL on credit at the time of retirement. The recent order of 03/06/2009 has further relaxed the first condition and now one can avail LTC and Leave Encashment upto 10 days without any linkage to nature and quantum of leave availed. Thus, now the only condition for enashing 10 days EL is that the LTC journey should be undertaken (which implied any kind of leave for atleast a day). Further, in case of Railway employees who are in receipt of Passes, the condition is that there should be atleast two years gap between two encashment. NOWHERE IN THE ORDER, IT IS MENTIONED THAT IT IS DUE ONLY ON ALL INDIA LTC

Quote Originally Posted by parameshbhuvana View Post
    Dear friends

My office a/o says at the time of ALL India LTC only we can
    encash 10 days that too once in four years.

One of our employee have applied for encashment for
    10 days while availing Home Town 2 year block

What the rule posistion says

Can anybody clarify this

Thanks
    I went on LTC (HomeTown) and have got Advance of LTC as well as Leave Encashment cheques.

with regards,
    Badri

BDji

ss
    Dear friend
    Yes EL can be taken from date of relief but if some one wishes to avail joining time also then it can not be started from date of relief.
    Jitendra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast