+ Reply to Thread

Thread: clarify Teachers pay upgradation and pay

Member venkeesai is on a distinguished road

Default clarify Teachers pay upgradation and pay

sir
    I want to have some clarifications about teachers pay scales.

normally
    PST (4500-125-7000) upgraded as 6500-200-10500 with grade pay 4200
    TGT (5500-175-9000) upgraded as 7450-200-11500 with grade pay 4600
    PGT (6500-200-10500) upgraded as 7500-250-12000 with grade pay 4800

in this manner if TGT's Scale 5500 on 01-01-2006 then, as per 6th CPC calculation 5500x1.86=10230 + gradepay 4600=14,830
    but newly recruited as TGT will get 17140
    so difference is Rs. 2310

if the old TGT' salary is 6725 then he will get Rs. 12510 and gradepay+4600= he will get 17110
    in this calculation also thereis Rs. 30 difference
    pls. clarify me. in the old scale a TGT eventhough after reaching 8 stage he is getting less salary with his newlu recruited junior. how this possible. if there is any special claculation or reason this is for my personal question.
    thanks

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

DEAR FRIEND
    I want to reply your query in two parts viz.1) Benefit which is accepted by MoF, 2) Benefit which should be given but not accepted by the MoF

1) Your pay wll be stepped up w.r.t. your junior in terms of Note10 below Rule 7 of CCS(RP) Rules, 2008. It means any old TGT drawing less then Rs.17140/- will be stepped up to 17140/- i.e. equal to his junior. No additional benefit of previous service is given by MoF, This is the only remedy made available in such cases. This is injustice done by MoF in all cases of upgradation.

2) In all such case benefit of bunching should have been given by MoF i.e. for every two years of service one increment above Rs.17140/- should have been given. It means for eight years of service one should get 4 increments above Rs.17140/- but this has been denied by the MoF for reasons better known to them. This benefit was even allowed in 5th pay commission but this time they denied it. Later or sooner it will be given to us. Till then we could only wait.
    regards
    Jitendra

Junior Member vikramadg is on a distinguished road

Default Upgradation

Dear Jitender

When the memorandum itself provides bunching benefit, why is MOF denying it ?

Member venkeesai is on a distinguished road

thank you sir. I really wondered about your deep through knowledge in 6CPC. Like you people must present in the pay commission. It will solve all of our problem. Any how thanks for your clarifications. we will meet soon with another anomolies.
    thanks.
    -venkeesai

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear Sir Vikramadg

Your statement is correct that bunching benefit is given in Notification itself but what I am saying is correct in all cases of upgradation where it has been wrongly denied by the MoF. It is also a fact that the same benefit was given after 5th CPC(for every three stage one increment was given). This time they are denying and all the department follow the memo issued by MoF dated 13.10.08 in this regard which is issued in clear contravention of notification itself. Thats why I am of the opinion that it will be given to us later or sooner. May be some of our friends get it through Court of Law. This is however not available at present and this is the fact.
    Regards
    Jitendra

Senior Member Kanaujiaml is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by venkeesai View Post
    sir
    I want to have some clarifications about teachers pay scales.

normally
    PST (4500-125-7000) upgraded as 6500-200-10500 with grade pay 4200
    TGT (5500-175-9000) upgraded as 7450-200-11500 with grade pay 4600
    PGT (6500-200-10500) upgraded as 7500-250-12000 with grade pay 4800

in this manner if TGT's Scale 5500 on 01-01-2006 then, as per 6th CPC calculation 5500x1.86=10230 + gradepay 4600=14,830
    but newly recruited as TGT will get 17140
    so difference is Rs. 2310

if the old TGT' salary is 6725 then he will get Rs. 12510 and gradepay+4600= he will get 17110
    in this calculation also thereis Rs. 30 difference
    pls. clarify me. in the old scale a TGT eventhough after reaching 8 stage he is getting less salary with his newlu recruited junior. how this possible. if there is any special claculation or reason this is for my personal question.
    thanks
    My dear venkasai. As far as I could understand from accepted report of VI CPC, the upgradation is not to be done from existing pre-revised pay scale to next higher pre-revised pay scale, before fixation of pay in Pay Band. Actually, fixation is to be done from existing pre-rewised pay scale to Pay band . Only grade pay is to be given what is laid down for next higher pre-revised pay scale. For example, the pay of a PGT working in pre-revised pay scale of 6500-10500, would be fixed in pay band on the basis of pre-revised pay scale 6500-10500. However, grade pay would not be 4200 but it would be 4800, which is the grade pay of higher pre-revised pay scale. This method is explained in illustrations attached.
    Last edited by Kanaujiaml; 14-01-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Junior Member raoathome is on a distinguished road

Default we should lobby hard for bunching benefit

We had been waiting for the revision of pay for a long time and we felt glad when pay revision report was made. We were a bit happier than other employees, as scales of teachers were upgraded.

But when we look at the notification and its implementation, the teacher community was meted out step motherly treatment due to the interpretation of rules only in letter but not in spirit.

As per Rule 8 of revised pay rules, a PRT will get basic pay of 13,500 whereas a TGT and PGT will get 17,140 and 18,150 respectively at the time of their appointment directly. In Navodayas, the pays of the newly recruited teachers is not fixed accordingly. But newly recruited teachers will certainly get the benefit as Director UT-2 MHRD vide letter NO.F3-43/2008/UT-2 dated 20h March 2009 has issued clarifications in consultation with Min. of Finance to KVS.

According to Note 7 under Rule 7 of revised pay rules seniorsí pay will be stepped up to that of junior. But the letter mentioned above clearly stipulated the following conditions:
    (a) Stepping up the basic pay of seniors under the above provision can be claimed only in the case of those cadres which have an element of direct recruitment and in cases where a directly recruited junior is actually drawing more basic pay than the seniors. In such cases, the basis pay of the seniors will be stepped up with reference to the basic pay of the junior.
    (b) Using the above provision, Government servants cannot claim stepping up their revised basic pay with reference to entry pay in the revised pay structure for direct recruits appointed on or after 1.1.12006 as laid down in Section 11 of Part A of First Schedule to the CCS (RP) Rules, 2008, if their cadre does not have an element of direct recruitment, or in cases ,where no junior is drawing basic pay higherthan them.
    (c) Stepping up of pay of the seniors in accordance with the above provision shall not be applicable in cases where direct recruits have been granted advance increments at the time of recruitment.
    When you apply the above conditions, the stepping up of pay will not apply to many
    cases. I have given a few examples.
    1) A PGT who joined in 2002 gets revised at 18010 on 1/01/2006. He may not get the benefit of stepping up on notional basis. As there is no direct recruitment in year 2006, and the first junior is recruited in Feb. 2007 and by that time after taking his annual increment, his pay will stand at 18560 which is higher than 18,150.
    2) A TGT who is recruited on 12/02/1997 gets his pay fixed at 17,440 whereas a TGT who is appointed on 1/1/2006 gets his pay fixed at 17140. The value of service for nine years is 300 (less than one increment)!! There is no case of stepping up as it is technically more than that of his junior.
    3) A PGT who is recruited on 01.12.1999 gets his pay fixed at 19,500 whereas a PGT who is appointed on 1/1/2006 gets his pay fixed at 18150. The value of service for six years is worth 1350!!
    4) A PET who is appointed on 10.26.1988 gets his pay fixed(after getting ACP in 2003) at 19130 which is only 730 more than that of newly recruited PGT!!

All these anomalies are the result of ambiguity in revised pay rules. All the above fixations were done as per the Note 2A under Rule 7 of Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008. In explanatory memo to the above said rules certain illustrations were made and illustration 4A (which shows the bunching process of stepping up) applies to teachers as our scales were upgraded. The bunching benefit was denied by ministry of finance as no two stages are getting bunched into the same stage due to new system of running pay bands. (Ministry of Finance issued clarifications to that effect). Though all these anomalies may not violate the rules of notification technically, but they violate the spirit of up gradation of scales of teachers.

The same is the case of all the teachers across the departments and ministries. So itís the right time for the teaching community to come together and work against the injustice meted out to our community. We should represent at all levels for the bunching benefit through which all the anomalies can be removed in pay revision.

Junior Member grmbbsr is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by raoathome View Post
    We had been waiting for the revision of pay for a long time and we felt glad when pay revision report was made. We were a bit happier than other employees, as scales of teachers were upgraded.

But when we look at the notification and its implementation, the teacher community was meted out step motherly treatment due to the interpretation of rules only in letter but not in spirit.

As per Rule 8 of revised pay rules, a PRT will get basic pay of 13,500 whereas a TGT and PGT will get 17,140 and 18,150 respectively at the time of their appointment directly. In Navodayas, the pays of the newly recruited teachers is not fixed accordingly. But newly recruited teachers will certainly get the benefit as Director UT-2 MHRD vide letter NO.F3-43/2008/UT-2 dated 20h March 2009 has issued clarifications in consultation with Min. of Finance to KVS.

According to Note 7 under Rule 7 of revised pay rules seniorsí pay will be stepped up to that of junior. But the letter mentioned above clearly stipulated the following conditions:
    (a) Stepping up the basic pay of seniors under the above provision can be claimed only in the case of those cadres which have an element of direct recruitment and in cases where a directly recruited junior is actually drawing more basic pay than the seniors. In such cases, the basis pay of the seniors will be stepped up with reference to the basic pay of the junior.
    (b) Using the above provision, Government servants cannot claim stepping up their revised basic pay with reference to entry pay in the revised pay structure for direct recruits appointed on or after 1.1.12006 as laid down in Section 11 of Part A of First Schedule to the CCS (RP) Rules, 2008, if their cadre does not have an element of direct recruitment, or in cases ,where no junior is drawing basic pay higherthan them.
    (c) Stepping up of pay of the seniors in accordance with the above provision shall not be applicable in cases where direct recruits have been granted advance increments at the time of recruitment.
    When you apply the above conditions, the stepping up of pay will not apply to many
    cases. I have given a few examples.
    1) A PGT who joined in 2002 gets revised at 18010 on 1/01/2006. He may not get the benefit of stepping up on notional basis. As there is no direct recruitment in year 2006, and the first junior is recruited in Feb. 2007 and by that time after taking his annual increment, his pay will stand at 18560 which is higher than 18,150.
    2) A TGT who is recruited on 12/02/1997 gets his pay fixed at 17,440 whereas a TGT who is appointed on 1/1/2006 gets his pay fixed at 17140. The value of service for nine years is 300 (less than one increment)!! There is no case of stepping up as it is technically more than that of his junior.
    3) A PGT who is recruited on 01.12.1999 gets his pay fixed at 19,500 whereas a PGT who is appointed on 1/1/2006 gets his pay fixed at 18150. The value of service for six years is worth 1350!!
    4) A PET who is appointed on 10.26.1988 gets his pay fixed(after getting ACP in 2003) at 19130 which is only 730 more than that of newly recruited PGT!!

All these anomalies are the result of ambiguity in revised pay rules. All the above fixations were done as per the Note 2A under Rule 7 of Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008. In explanatory memo to the above said rules certain illustrations were made and illustration 4A (which shows the bunching process of stepping up) applies to teachers as our scales were upgraded. The bunching benefit was denied by ministry of finance as no two stages are getting bunched into the same stage due to new system of running pay bands. (Ministry of Finance issued clarifications to that effect). Though all these anomalies may not violate the rules of notification technically, but they violate the spirit of up gradation of scales of teachers.

The same is the case of all the teachers across the departments and ministries. So itís the right time for the teaching community to come together and work against the injustice meted out to our community. We should represent at all levels for the bunching benefit through which all the anomalies can be removed in pay revision.
    Can we contact JCM staff side through e-mail or telephone for the common cause. I am a PST joined in june 2001 - my pay is fixed at 9300 +4200 and my juniors who joined in 2006 or later have been fixed at 9300+4200. Shame on my seniority, isn't it?

+ Reply to Thread