+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transport Allowance

Junior Member angithasanil is on a distinguished road

Default Transport Allowance

My office is not granting transport allowance. I get official transport in the Morning only. Whether all are eligible for transport allowance other than one who is issued with official vehicles ? I am working in CISF. There is sufficient vehicles for the Unit but not issued in the name of me. Please clarify.

Senior Member jitendraacr is on a distinguished road

Dear friend

Transport allowance is not admissible for those who are availing office transport whether CAR or BUS or any other mode of transport for either way or for both sides. It does not mean that vehicle should be issued in personnel name. Use of Bus also disqualify for Transport Allowance. Contention of your department is correct.

Senior Member badri mannargudi is on a distinguished road

Default transport allowance and one way transport facility availed

Friends,
    I agree with Jjee on this subject. The individual had better forego the half facility offered and instead take Tr All.
    The individual can draw a parallel, when a person shares office Quarters, he will not be entitled to HRA (and Licence fee would also be recovered) - irrespective of the fact that he was not the allotee.)
    With regards,
    Badri

Junior Member pummypipal is on a distinguished road

Default is Transport allowance Tax free?

Can anybody tell upto what amount Transport allowance is Tax free?

Member pk9591 is on a distinguished road

Transport Allowance upto Rs.800/- p.m is tax free

I think order for exemption of Transport Allowance up to Rs.800/- was issued in April,1998 after fifth pay commission report. Whether it has not been revised now?
    Last edited by jitendraacr; 13-01-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Order regarding exemption of Transport allowance upto Rs.800/_ p.m from income tax stands till date. No fresh order has so far issued raising the exemption limit of Transport allowance from existing 800/- p.m after the implementation of the sixth CPC.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jitendraacr View Post
    I think order for exemption of Transport Allowance up to Rs.800/- was issued in April,2008 after fifth pay commission report. Whether it has not been revised now?
    Dear friends,
    Basic thing remains the same.
    The circular was issued On 13.05.2008 and holds the fiield till date. Please see CBDT Circular No.9/2008 dated 29.09.2008 (on TDS).
    With regards,
    Badri

Question DA on TA

Dear friends,

Can anybody tell whether DA on TA will be paid once in a year or twice in a year. As I think, I have read somewhere that it will be paid once in a year but now I could not able find the same anywhere in Sixth CPC report or resolutions.

Thanks

Question DA on Transport Allowance

I have not received reply on this forum so far that whether DA on TA will be given once in a year or twice in a year. Since summary recommendation of Sixth CPC report states it will be given once in a year( para 11.29) but orders implementing revised Transport allowance is silent on this issue.

Thanks
    Last edited by pk9591; 04-03-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: addition of para number

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by pk9591 View Post
    I have not received reply on this forum so far that whether DA on TA will be given once in a year or twice in a year. Since summary recommendation of Sixth CPC report states it will be given once in a year( para 11.29) but orders implementing revised Transport allowance is silent on this issue.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pk9591 View Post
    Dear friends,

Can anybody tell whether DA on TA will be paid once in a year or twice in a year. As I think, I have read somewhere that it will be paid once in a year but now I could not able find the same anywhere in Sixth CPC report or resolutions.

Thanks
    The Resolution (Page # 50 of the Bilingual Gazette Notification) simply refers to the Quantum as Tr Allowance and DA thereon. Therefore this leads to the impression that whenever DA is given on Basic Pay, (Twice a year) Transport Allowance should be given proportionate raise.
    The position shall be clear when DA Notification is issued.
    A good and valid doubt, ofcourse.
    With regards,
    Badri

Junior Member RASIGA is on a distinguished road

Default Transport allowance details after 6th pay

Can any one provide revised order for transport allowance for different levels of leaves

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by RASIGA View Post
    Can any one provide revised order for transport allowance for different levels of leaves
    Dear Querirst,
    To the best of my knowledge there is no condition other than the one that Transport Allowance shall not be allowed when the G.S is on leave for the whole calender Month.

For instance, from 26th of April to 19th of May this year I was on E.L.( on LTC with encashment of leave). There was no effect on the quantum of Transport Allowance for either month.

IN my view. if a person attends the first working day of a Month and last working day of the following month then the individual would not face any deduction under the Head "Transport Allowance".

(Before parting, I must confess that I had not checked whether there exists any O.M amending the earlier one on the subject.

With regards,
    Badri

Respected Badriji
    Whatever u have written is absolutely correct. conditions for granting Tpt Allowance on leave have not been revised.
    Jitendra

Junior Member Ezhar ahmed is on a distinguished road

Thumbs down Transport Allowance for PH

Dear sir,

Providing information regarding exisiting rate of Transport allowance to be paid to oprthophysiclaly handicpaped Central Govt,. employee staying in goerenment accomodation in the same peresmises which s within 1 km distance. is it is bouble or single as per the 6th PC.

yours ahmed

Senior Member tvenkatam is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Ezhar ahmed View Post
    Dear sir,

Providing information regarding exisiting rate of Transport allowance to be paid to oprthophysiclaly handicpaped Central Govt,. employee staying in goerenment accomodation in the same peresmises which s within 1 km distance. is it is bouble or single as per the 6th PC.

yours ahmed
    Dear friend,

Based on 5th pay commissionís recommendations, effective from 01.08.1997, the transport allowance payable to blind or orthopaedically handicapped employees provided with Government accommodation within a distance of one kilometer from the place of work or within campus housing the places of work and residence, was at normal rates. In cases of blind or orthopaedically handicapped employees provided with Government transport no transport allowance was payable. In all other cases of blind or orthopaedically handicapped employees (whether provided accommodation or not) the transport allowance was payable at double the normal rates.

From 01.09.2008, on the recommendations of 6th pay commission, the transport allowance payable to blind or orthopaedically handicapped employees shall be at double the normal rates subject to the minimum of Rs. 1000 per month plus applicable DA in all cases, except those provided with the facility of Government transport.

+ Reply to Thread