+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Clarification LTC 80 Tkt for Srinagar

Member akraiism is on a distinguished road

Default Need Clarification LTC 80 Tkt for Srinagar

I am in the GP of 4200 and want to divert my Home town LTC to J&K.I need clarification over some doubts before puchasing the tikets from Delhi to Srinagar:
    1. Some travel agents are providing free package of staying at Srinagar within LTC 80 fare of Rs 14393 pp.Is this a genuine offer? will they provide a genuine ticket which will be reimbursble?and how they manage this free package within fare?
    2.Can i book a LTC 80 ticket online? I am not finding LTC 80 category while online booking with any airlines, if i book a low price normal economy ticket from any private airlines will it be reimbursable?
    3.I have one daughter of 5 years old, will i have to bye a LTC 80 ticket for her also,as one place i have seen infant and child ticket under LTC 80 will not be reimbursed, is it true?
    Please ,clarify my above doubts in detail, if possible.

Junior Member Hyd_AG_Employee is on a distinguished road

Hello.....firstly you have said your Grade pay is 4200/-. So most likely you are eligible for 2 AC by train from your HQ to Delhi/Amritsar and you are (rather EVERYBODY is entitled to fly from Delhi/Amritsar to any airport in the State of J&K). So u will be flying from Delhi to Srinagar. I am replying to your queries as per your serial number to make it easy for you to understand :-

1) Under LTC-80 Scheme (Offered by Indian Airlines) the air fare from Delhi to Srinagar and Srinagar to Delhi put together per head is Rs14500/-. Here the catch is you are entitled to fly by an airline of your choice and not necessarily use Indian Airlines only. Please understand that if you go by say Go-Air/Spice Jet/Indigo or Kingfisher by buying tickets atleast 45 days in advance you get the up and down ticket per head for as low as 6000 to 7000/-. Now these guys (Read Travel Agents) will fly you from Delhi to Srinagar most probably by Spicejet or Indigo airlines and will buy you a ticket on which the fare will read as 14393/- Now this is done in connivance of the airlines who actually take 7000/- but the ticket will show as if you have paid 14000+. So practically this travel agent will save 7000/- per head and if you are a family of 4 he will save Rs.28000/- and your tour package could be about 15000/- which he will pay and still pocket 13000/-. Now coming to the genuinity of the ticket.... yes the ticket is 100% genuine and fully reimbursable. And i hope i am clear in making you understand how they manage the deal. Legally speaking your reimbursement will be made in full without doubt. Now go down...

2) You can book an LTC 80 ticket on line but the problem is the category of the fare should be kept in mind. It is best advised that you make your booking from Indian Airlines (that is If u r travelling by Indian Airlines) Booking office in your city for one main reason. In case you cancel your journey for any reason only Rs.100/- will be deducted towards handling charges and you get back the entire ticket amount as refund. And if you buy in any other form most probably you will not get even 40% of the ticket amount. And yes any airfare whether you fly Air India or any private airlines, if the fare is lesser than LTC-80 the fare is reimbursed in full. And coming to the last part of your question.... LTC 80 fare is given only when you book and fly by Indian Airlines. There will be no mention of this in any other airlines.

3) There is clear clarification from DOPT on this . The clairfication is (with regard to your lovely daughter aged 5) "IF full fare has been charged by the Airlines and if the employee has paid the same.....the reimbursement shall be made in fulll (Now in the instant case the full fare is reimbursed from Delhi to Srinagar and if you are flying from your head quarters to Delhi as well she will get full Train fare of 2 A.C Rajdhani fare if there is a Rajdhani train from your Head quarter to Delhi....even though she would have travelled for free if she was travelling with you on Train) Additional information : There are only 2 tickets pricing on flights. One is infant (0 to 2 yrs old) and other is above 2 yrs. The point i am making is if your child is above 2 years full fare is charged and full fare is reimbursed). So looks like you are planning your Dussehra vacation to go to Srinagar .... All the best.....

Lastly.....................if u are a team member of "ANNA HAZARE" availing the travel agent package is a definite form of corruption. Decide for yourself. All the best..........

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Excellent clarification by Hyd_AG_Employee. My compliments to him/her.

Victor

Thanks a lot to Hyd_AG_Employee.Your reply was realy marvelous covering my all doubts very nicely.I appreciate your knowledge.
    One more thing to ask regarding the subject, does any certificate required by booking agent/airline along with ticket for reimbursement? I am planning to go to in the last week of November and Rajdhani is available from my place to Delhi.If i do'nt take my child ticket (as she is only 5+ and this will be merely wastage of money) is it possible to take her reimbursement of only air fare from Delhi to Srinagar, will office have not any problem?

Senior Member sinha_audit is on a distinguished road

I wish to join Victor. Kudos to Hyd_AG_Employee. You nailed it.
    Alok Sinha.

Quote Originally Posted by akraiism View Post
    Thanks a lot to Hyd_AG_Employee.Your reply was realy marvelous covering my all doubts very nicely.I appreciate your knowledge.
    One more thing to ask regarding the subject, does any certificate required by booking agent/airline along with ticket for reimbursement? I am planning to go to in the last week of November and Rajdhani is available from my place to Delhi.If i do'nt take my child ticket (as she is only 5+ and this will be merely wastage of money) is it possible to take her reimbursement of only air fare from Delhi to Srinagar, will office have not any problem?
    The answer has already been provided by Hyd_AG_Employee.
    Yes. Airfare of your child will be reimbursed. Even if you are planning to fly from your Hqrs. to Delhi / Amritsar, Full fare of Rajdhani will be reimbursed to your daughter (if she is charged full fare by the airlines, in this case she surely will be coz she is 2+).
    Alok Sinha.

Quote Originally Posted by akraiism View Post
    Thanks for your appreciation.....Victor....Sinha Ji (The best two on GCONNECT according to me) and Akraiism...........
    just to clear again .... There is no necessity of getting a certificate from the booking agent/airline. So it is understood you are likely to take Rajdhani from your HQ to Delhi and when you submit your reservation form at the counter or on internet booking..... automatically your child will not be charged any fare as she is not over 5 yrs. However, full fare from Delhi to Srinagar will be charged on Flight and is fully reimbursed. Your office will deifinitely not have any problem on this. Cheers.....

Again Sincere thanks to Hyd_AG_Employee for taking my subject so nicely, i too appreciate the wisdom of Victor jee also.I also was not interested for taking such a free package with LTC 80 fare just wanted to confirm how these travel agents adjust free pckg within LTC 80 airfare, excatly same thing was in my mind.Even i talked to travel agents also how they would manage it.Now after getting all inputs i decided to purchase online ticket of private airline which costs only Rs 2400 pp one way,and try to talk with those travel agents for a 3N/4D package of Srinagar- Gulmarg excluding air ticket.If you or anyone have any idea about Srinagar, where to stay and how to plan my shedule, you are welcome.
    Now it should not have any doubt that i am with GOVERNMENT but i am already with "TEAM ANNA".

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

LTC80 ticket should be purchased from the counter of indian airlines

Dear Ak... since you have decided to go by private airlines... i would suggest buy your air tickets just a few days before you travel.. and i would suggest you take Kingfisher Class flight as it is the best flight on this sector (meals included .... on Kingfisher Red service you will have to pay @ Rs.175/- per head. I am stressing on this aspect because most of the flights on this sector run between 11.00 AM to 2.00 PM and you will reach in 50 Minutes time and this is peak lunch time) The fare at the most could be 3000/- per head and also remember November is an out and out OFF-SEASON at J&K. So the package rates can be bargained to as low as 4o - 50% discount on amount quoted. Regarding your plan... frankly this is not a place for discussion. I would suggest you log on to www.indiamike.com register your self and see forum Jammu and Kashmir and your queries can be answered there. Keep this same user id and i will see you there.....be assured i will give you 200% information you are looking at............bye

Quote Originally Posted by Hyd_AG_Employee View Post
    Dear Ak... since you have decided to go by private airlines... i would suggest buy your air tickets just a few days before you travel.. and i would suggest you take Kingfisher Class flight as it is the best flight on this sector (meals included .... on Kingfisher Red service you will have to pay @ Rs.175/- per head. I am stressing on this aspect because most of the flights on this sector run between 11.00 AM to 2.00 PM and you will reach in 50 Minutes time and this is peak lunch time) The fare at the most could be 3000/- per head and also remember November is an out and out OFF-SEASON at J&K. So the package rates can be bargained to as low as 4o - 50% discount on amount quoted. Regarding your plan... frankly this is not a place for discussion. I would suggest you log on to www.indiamike.com register your self and see forum Jammu and Kashmir and your queries can be answered there. Keep this same user id and i will see you there.....be assured i will give you 200% information you are looking at............bye
    Thanks a lot, hoping for your help at suggested forum.

Junior Member giricex is on a distinguished road

Dear Sir, I need clarification in respect of point No.3 i.e. "if you are flying from your head quarters to Delhi as well she will get full Train fare of 2 A.C Rajdhani fare if there is a Rajdhani train from your Head quarter to Delhi....even though she would have travelled for free if she was travelling with you on Train)". Please quote the O.M as I am planning to avail HTC to J & K during Apr 2012 and I intend to travel by Air from my Hqrs to Delhi. I am not entitled to travel by Air as my GP is 4600/-. I have a daughter who is aged 2. Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by giricex View Post
    Dear Sir, I need clarification in respect of point No.3 i.e. "if you are flying from your head quarters to Delhi as well she will get full Train fare of 2 A.C Rajdhani fare if there is a Rajdhani train from your Head quarter to Delhi....even though she would have travelled for free if she was travelling with you on Train)". Please quote the O.M as I am planning to avail HTC to J & K during Apr 2012 and I intend to travel by Air from my Hqrs to Delhi. I am not entitled to travel by Air as my GP is 4600/-. I have a daughter who is aged 2. Please clarify.
    As per OM dated 18.6.2010 (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadDat...stt.(A-IV).pdf) "Journey from their place of posting up to Delhi/ Amritsar will have to be undertaken as per their entitlement" by officials not entitled to travel by air.

As per OM dated 21.5.2007 (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadDat...6_Estt.(A).pdf) and dated 24.4.2006 (http://circulars.nic.in/WriteReadDat...e_Airlines.pdf) in case of non-entitled officers "the reimbursement by the Government will be limited to the actual air fare or entitled train fare whichever is less".

As the "entitled train fare" in r/o a child below 5 years of age is NIL, the air fare in r/o your daughter for the journey from Hqrs. to Delhi/Amritsar will NOT be reimbursable.

Victor

Sir, Thank you very much for your prompt clarification. But, I am still confused as the clarification you had given to akraiism i.e. "if you are flying from your head quarters to Delhi as well she will get full Train fare of 2 A.C Rajdhani fare if there is a Rajdhani train from your Head quarter to Delhi....even though she would have travelled for free if she was travelling with you on Train)". and the clarification as stated above i.e. "As the "entitled train fare" in r/o a child below 5 years of age is NIL, the air fare in r/o your daughter for the journey from Hqrs. to Delhi/Amritsar will NOT be reimbursable." appears to be contradictory. I am only eager to know the eligibility for reimbursement if I travel from my Hqrs to Del by Air, whether I will get AC 2 tier full fare for my daughter who will turn 3 years in May 12. Please guide me in this regard. Once again thank you for your efforts.

Sir, Thank you very much for your prompt clarification. But, I am still confused as the clarification you had given to akraiism i.e. "if you are flying from your head quarters to Delhi as well she will get full Train fare of 2 A.C Rajdhani fare if there is a Rajdhani train from your Head quarter to Delhi....even though she would have travelled for free if she was travelling with you on Train)". and the clarification as stated above i.e. "As the "entitled train fare" in r/o a child below 5 years of age is NIL, the air fare in r/o your daughter for the journey from Hqrs. to Delhi/Amritsar will NOT be reimbursable." appears to be contradictory. I am only eager to know the eligibility for reimbursement if I travel from my Hqrs to Del by Air, whether I will get AC 2 tier full fare for my daughter who will turn 3 years in May 12. Please guide me in this regard. Once again thank you for your efforts.
    The clarification to akraiism was given by Hyd_AG_Employee and not by me. In my view no reimbursment is payable in r/o your daughter.

Comments/views of others are welcome.

Victor

Member amit2301 is on a distinguished road

A clarification @ point 2, LTC 80 tickets cannot be purchased online. Departmental ID card is required and is issued from the Air India office only where the name of the MINISTRY is mentioned in the ticket.
    Thank you

Dear Sir, I need clarification in respect of point No.3 i.e. "if you are flying from your head quarters to Delhi as well she will get full Train fare of 2 A.C Rajdhani fare if there is a Rajdhani train from your Head quarter to Delhi....even though she would have travelled for free if she was travelling with you on Train)". Please quote the O.M as I am planning to avail HTC to J & K during Apr 2012 and I intend to travel by Air from my Hqrs to Delhi. I am not entitled to travel by Air as my GP is 4600/-. I have a daughter who is aged 2. I am only eager to know the eligibility for reimbursement if I travel from my Hqrs to Del by Air, whether I will get AC 2 tier full fare for my daughter who will turn 3 years in May 12. Please guide me in this regard. Once again thank you for your efforts. Please clarify.

Airfare charged by the airline (in case of your daughter, it will be "full" fare) and fare of the entitled class (2AC) of Rajdhani (if the shortest direct route has it): - WHICHEVER IS LESS will be reimbursed.

If the airline categorises the child as an "Infant" and consequently charges less fare without alloting a seat, NO reimbursement for the child's fare will be made to you (non-entitled official to travel by air).

Point to note that categorisation of "child" by Railways is inconsequential because airlines mostly charge full fare for children of/more than 90 cms in height.
    Alok Sinha.

Dear Victor... please refer to DOPT O M No.31011/2/2006-Estt.(A) dated 3rd December, 2007 where three points have been raised and clarification given. The third point in this OM is "IF A GOVERNMENT SERVANT /HIS FAMILY MEMBER IS ENTITLED TO CONCESSIONAL TRAIN FARE SUCH AS SENIOR CITIZEN, STUDENT CONCESSION, [B]CHILDREN [/B]ETC., WHETHER IN CASE OF AIR TRAVEL, THE REIMBURSEMENT WOULD BE RESTRICTED TO SUCH CONCESSIONAL FARE BY TRAIN IN ENTITLED CLASS......THE CLARIFICATION GIVEN IS .... if full air fare has been charged by the airlines and paid by the Government Servant the re-imbursement would be restricted to the full train fare in entitled class including Rajdhani/Shatabdi... Thank you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The clarification to akraiism was given by Hyd_AG_Employee and not by me. In my view no reimbursment is payable in r/o your daughter.

Comments/views of others are welcome.

Victor

Dear Sir, I need clarification in respect of point No.3 i.e. "if you are flying from your head quarters to Delhi as well she will get full Train fare of 2 A.C Rajdhani fare if there is a Rajdhani train from your Head quarter to Delhi....even though she would have travelled for free if she was travelling with you on Train)". Please quote the O.M as I am planning to avail HTC to J & K during Apr 2012 and I intend to travel by Air from my Hqrs to Delhi. I am not entitled to travel by Air as my GP is 4600/-. I have a daughter who is aged 2. I am only eager to know the eligibility for reimbursement if I travel from my Hqrs to Del by Air, whether I will get AC 2 tier full fare for my daughter who will turn 3 years in May 12. Please guide me in this regard. Once again thank you for your efforts. Please clarify.
    DOPT O M No.31011/2/2006-Estt.(A) dated 3rd December, 2007 .......all the best...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast