+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clarification on Military Service Pay (MSP)

Junior Member sksubramaniyam

Red face Clarification on Military Service Pay (MSP)

I am an Ex-serviceman having put up 20 years of service in Indian Air Force and getting pension since April 2000. My category is PBOR (Personnel Before Officer Rank).

Now that the Government has accepted (MSP) Military Service Pay of Rs.2000/- p.m. for serving PBOR personnel which is counted for pension purposes,Being a pensioner I am also supposed to get the pensionary benefit of MSP.

But I heard that it is not applicable for those retired before 01/01/2006.

How it is possible that only after 01/01/2006 MSP is counted for pension.

Then what about my 20 years of military service which lasted from 21st March 1980
    to 31st March 2000.

If my service was not military service, then how come those who have joined on 2nd Jan 1986 and retired on 31st Jan 2006 are eligible for MSP.

Kindly clarify.

Regards,

S.Kumarasubramanian

Junior Member amitava is on a distinguished road

Default Not so ...

The fact is that since MSP was introduced only from 2006, it would not form part of pension for a person who retired six years back.A cut off date is a cut off date.There is logic in this. But if we follow your logic, MSP should be paid to Servicemen prior to 01 Jan 2006 also. No change surely in the work they did on 31 Dec 05 and that on 01 Jan 2006.

Default Military Service Pay

I fully agree with you.

But don't call it as MSP. Call it as PM Manmohan Singh Pay, UPA chairman Sonia Gandhi Pay, Finance Minister P.Chidambaram pay, Justice Shri Krishna Pay etc. But don't call it as MSP for heaven sake.
    Try to understand our pain when you call it as a Military Service Pay.
    Civilans may not understand our pain.
    My pain is that I too have served this nation's military for 20 years.

Regards,

S.Kumarasubramanian

Quote Originally Posted by amitava View Post
    The fact is that since MSP was introduced only from 2006, it would not form part of pension for a person who retired six years back.A cut off date is a cut off date.There is logic in this. But if we follow your logic, MSP should be paid to Servicemen prior to 01 Jan 2006 also. No change surely in the work they did on 31 Dec 05 and that on 01 Jan 2006.

Junior Member amitava is on a distinguished road

Wink Msp ...

So people serving in the armed forces now are getting MSP. If I were in your place I would be happy for them. I might rue the fact that in my time I did not get this, but I would still be happy for those who are lucky enough to get it now. And civilians are quite aware of the service conditions of Service men.

You have misunderstood my point. I am much more happier than you because my serving colleagues are getting MSP at least now which was a long pending issue. Tomorrow my Son or Daughter or Brother will be benifited because of this when they join the forces for service.

The name of the pay only hurts me. Let them call it even anti insurgence or insurgence control or hard service pay. I don't mind.
    Why I am hurt is that I am issued with so many medals during my service for my meritorious service in the Indian Military.All the medals I have got because of my military service only. That is why I am agitated with that name.

Try to understand that feeling first.

Regards,

S.Kumarasubramanian

Quote Originally Posted by amitava View Post
    So people serving in the armed forces now are getting MSP. If I were in your place I would be happy for them. I might rue the fact that in my time I did not get this, but I would still be happy for those who are lucky enough to get it now. And civilians are quite aware of the service conditions of Service men.

+ Reply to Thread