+ Reply to Thread

Thread: date of increment

Junior Member spenke is on a distinguished road

Question date of increment

Hai friends
    All of you aware all the HODs of issuing orders for stepping up of pay of seniors on par with direct recruit juniors who recruited on or after 01.01.2006.

Please read the case and give reply with relevant orders if any.

I am drawing pay of Rs 12840 as on 01.01.2006 and grade pay of Rs 4800
    My junior joined in the office on 13 June 2006 and his pay fixed at Rs 13350 and grade pay of 4800
    I was in short receipt of pay than my junior in June 2006
    As I am in the grade of Rs 4800 since Jan 2006 I was given increment in July 2006.
    From July 2006 I am in receipt Rs 20 higher than my junior from July 2006.
    If my pay is stepping up to my Junior in June 2006, Can the increment be given to me in July 2006, as I am drawing grade same grade for six months? Or Whether my increment has to be post poned alongwith my junior i.e. to July 2007?

Member kamalgupta020 is on a distinguished road

hi sir
    i want to know that as per which order stepping up of basic pay is possible as you mentioned in you post.
    my mail ID is kamalgupta020@gmail.com
    i am also struggling for stepping of basic pay.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by spenke View Post
    Hai friends
    All of you aware all the HODs of issuing orders for stepping up of pay of seniors on par with direct recruit juniors who recruited on or after 01.01.2006.

My junior joined in the office on 13 June 2006 and his pay fixed at Rs 13350 and grade pay of 4800
    As I am in the grade of Rs 4800 since Jan 2006 I was given increment in July 2006.
    If my pay is stepping up to my Junior in June 2006, Can the increment be given to me in July 2006, as I am drawing grade same grade for six months? Or Whether my increment has to be post poned alongwith my junior i.e. to July 2007?
    There is no speaking order on the issue. However, logically you should be entitled to your normal increment as on 1.7.2006 based on the pay fixed as on 1.1.2006.

Victor

Member CNU.SRE is on a distinguished road

Hai friends

Generally, If senior govt servant pay has been stepped up wrt the junior govt.servant , the senior govt servant is eligible for the next increment at par with the junior govt servant .

In this case the junior is eligible next incrment at 1.7.2007 , and the same DNI is eligible to the senior govt servant also.

Similarly in 5CPC (wef 1.1.96 ) when the senior govt servant increment has been antedated with junior govt servant , the senior govt servant was eligible DNI after 12 months from the date of antedated.

In the same senario , In this case the senior govt servant is eligble DNI after six months from the date of stepping up of pay .

The date of stepping of pay is Feb-2006 and for earning increment at 1.7.2006 the six months service is not available .

Hence the DNI is 1.7.2007 for both the Junior and Senior govt servants.

With regards
    Last edited by CNU.SRE; 09-03-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Hello Sir,
    According to me the Rule position which you are quoting is may not be applicable now due to the following reasons.

Firstly, there is no variable date of increment like earlier. Secondly, there is no equal amount of increment like earlier.
    In this context please refer to MoF OM date 13 Septem 2008 regarding date of next increment. According to the first clarification in the OM the Government who has completed 6 months service in the revised pay structure
    is eligible for increment.
    In this scenario, kindly let me know the clear clarifications if any after implementation of 6 cpc.

Quote Originally Posted by CNU.SRE View Post
    Generally, If senior govt servant pay has been stepped up wrt the junior govt.servant , the senior govt servant is eligible for the next increment at par with the junior govt servant .

In this case the junior is eligible next incrment at 1.7.2007 , and the same DNI is eligible to the senior govt servant also.

Similarly in 5CPC (wef 1.1.96 ) when the senior govt servant increment has been antedated with junior govt servant , the senior govt servant was eligible DNI after 12 months from the date of antedated.

In the same senario , In this case the senior govt servant is eligble DNI after six months from the date of stepping up of pay .

The date of stepping of pay is Feb-2006 and for earning increment at 1.7.2006 the six months service is not available .

With regards

Member kamalgupta020 is on a distinguished road

you are talking about which order? i am also having same problem "stepping up of pay of seniors on par with direct recruit juniors who recruited on or after 01.01.2006"
    my mail ID is kamalgupta020@gmail.com

Default date of increment of senior after stepping up of pay on par with Junior

Dear All
    You might be aware that orders issued by CAG regarding ugradation of pay of AAO. Due to which certain anomalies were arisen.

As per Rule 10 of 6CPC (RP) Rules, increment shall be granted after completion of six months in the REVISED PAY STRUCTURE. As per NOTE 1 below the Rule, the stepping up of pay has no relevance for granting of increment of senior and has no relation with the date of increment of Junior.
    As per Rule 3 (7) of RPS, REVISED PAY STRUCTURE means "PAY BAND" AND "GRADE PAY'. Basic pay means 'PAY IN BAND' plus 'GRADE PAY'. As the qualifying service for DNI is to be counted based on the REVISED PAY STRUCTURE but not on the BASIC PAY, those who had opted 6 cpc on 1.1.06 are to be granted increment on 01.07.06, in spite of change in pay in band (due to step up of pay with junior).

Also I would like to brought to your notice that in FRs (GOI Decision no. 18 under FR 22) different set of rules were given to remove anomalies.
    (a) Anomaly arisen due to application of FR 22, in which it has specifically mentioned that qualifying service is to be counted from the date of re-fixation of pay. and
    (b) Anomaly arisen due to application of FR22 after implementation of 6 CPC, in which no mention was made regarding postponement of increment of senior with that of junior.

In this changed senior please offer your comments/remarks on the above intrepretation of the rules.

Junior Member ravisunape is on a distinguished road

Dear All
    You might be aware that orders issued by CAG regarding ugradation of pay of AAO. Due to which certain anomalies were arisen.

As per Rule 10 of 6CPC (RP) Rules, increment shall be granted after completion of six months in the REVISED PAY STRUCTURE. As per NOTE 1 below the Rule, the stepping up of pay has no relevance for granting of increment of senior and has no relation with the date of increment of Junior.
    As per Rule 3 (7) of RPS, REVISED PAY STRUCTURE means "PAY BAND" AND "GRADE PAY'. Basic pay means 'PAY IN BAND' plus 'GRADE PAY'. As the qualifying service for DNI is to be counted based on the REVISED PAY STRUCTURE but not on the BASIC PAY, those who had opted 6 cpc on 1.1.06 are to be granted increment on 01.07.06, in spite of change in pay in band (due to step up of pay with junior).

Also I would like to brought to your notice that in FRs (GOI Decision no. 18 under FR 22) different set of rules were given to remove anomalies.
    (a) Anomaly arisen due to application of FR 22, in which it has specifically mentioned that qualifying service is to be counted from the date of re-fixation of pay. and
    (b) Anomaly arisen due to application of FR22 after implementation of 6 CPC, in which no mention was made regarding postponement of increment of senior with that of junior.

In this changed senior please offer your comments/remarks on the above intrepretation of the rules.
    Sir whatever you have have mentioned it is absolutely correct even though the pay of senior is stepped on 30 jun 2006 still senior is entitled for earning increment on 01/07/2006 on stepped up pay.

With regards
    Sorry sir whatever you have mentioned is incorrect as no rules in 6th cpc says that after stepping up of pay of senior with reference to junior the date of next increment is at par with date of next increment of junior. Your base of interpretation is absolutely wrong as stepping up of pay and awarding annual increments are completely different process used for different things stepping up is given to remove anomalies and increment is given for performing satisfactory work in a year and increments are not merged with stepped up pay if it is so it would have mentioned in rule no 10

With regards
    Last edited by ravisunape; 27-11-2012 at 09:35 PM.

With regards
    date of next increment will be 01/07/2006 not on 01/07/2007

With regards

Sir i would like to brought to your notice that FR 22 is correct in that it is mentioned qualifying service is to be counted from the date of re fixation of pay but i would like to bring to your notice that when pay is stepped up it is not re fixed so FR 22 is not applicable for stepping up process. Refixation is possible only in one cases 1. At the time of promotion. so What ever cag is saying it is incorrect. The same clause was present in 5cpc but it causes some anomaly hence it is removed in 6cpc. So there is no qualifying service of six moths is required after stepping up of pay.

With regards
    Hello sir i am not agree with your statement that six month service is not available. when the senior is stepped up it does not mean that he has been newly appointed or promoted on the date of stepping up. its only for removing anomaly the pay of senior was step up. senior was on roll of firm since 01/01/2006 to 01/07/2006 it means he has commpleted service of six month in same pay structure and pay structure means pay band and grade pay it does not include pay at that stage. hence
    eventhough pay has stepped up on feb 2006. senior is entitle to earn his next increment on 01/07/2006. as he is completing six month in service from 01/01/2006 to 01/07/2006.
    please follow the rules no 10 in VI th cpc. without doing any interpretetion as interpretations are subjective.
    thanks with reqards

Hai friends

sir your pay should stepped up on 13 jun 2006 at par with junior and then you are entitle to earn increment on 01/07/2006 as per the rule no 10 in vi cpc which has to be followed for deciding date of next increment of every employee. To earn increment it is clearly mentioned in vi cpc that employee must complete six month service in same pay structure. and pay structure means pay band and grade pay. and you are completing six month service in payband 9300-34800 and grade pay 4800 on 01/07/2006. Hence you are entitle to earn increment on 01/07/2006.
    with regards

Junior Member rajivdogra is on a distinguished road

hi mr. ravi can talk to you?
    its important -i am suffering with same issue of next DNI after getting step-up on june 2006
    my phone no. is 09459924698
    with regards
    : rajivdogra
    Last edited by rajivdogra; 13-06-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Member soodeep is on a distinguished road

what will be the course of action to set right the anomaly done by CAG.

+ Reply to Thread