+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Revised Pension Payment Order

Junior Member Mulukutla is on a distinguished road

Default Revised Pension Payment Order

I have not got the revised PPO so far. I am interested in it for the sake of my spouse's family pension entitlement after my demise. GOI Min. of Fin. OM CPAO/Tech/Nodal Officer/Vol-II/2010/552 D/13.07.2010 refers to the meeting chaired by the Secretary (Pension AR & PG) where the issuance of revised PPO for pre 2006 pensioners was gone into and procedures with target date laid down for the Banks to forward info to PAOs and CPAO. I am not aware of the action taken so far.
    When recently I inquired on internet from the CPAO I got a reply that issuance of revd.PPO for pre 2006 pensioners is not contemplated. This is at variance with the matter at para above. Also, how can my spouse claim family pension without revised PPO? At a very old age, she is 75 now, she cannot go from pillar to post for FP. Kindly advise
    Suryanarayaa Iswara Mulukutla IBES RETD. GOI
    (M.I.Suryanarayana)

Senior Member sundarar is on a distinguished road

Default Nomination form for pension arrears

Quote Originally Posted by Mulukutla View Post
    I have not got the revised PPO so far. I am interested in it for the sake of my spouse's family pension entitlement after my demise. GOI Min. of Fin. OM CPAO/Tech/Nodal Officer/Vol-II/2010/552 D/13.07.2010 refers to the meeting chaired by the Secretary (Pension AR & PG) where the issuance of revised PPO for pre 2006 pensioners was gone into and procedures with target date laid down for the Banks to forward info to PAOs and CPAO. I am not aware of the action taken so far.
    When recently I inquired on internet from the CPAO I got a reply that issuance of revd.PPO for pre 2006 pensioners is not contemplated. This is at variance with the matter at para above. Also, how can my spouse claim family pension without revised PPO? At a very old age, she is 75 now, she cannot go from pillar to post for FP. Kindly advise
    Suryanarayaa Iswara Mulukutla IBES RETD. GOI
    (M.I.Suryanarayana)
    ---------------------------
    Nomination form for Banks/Treasury in respect of pension arrears

All pensioners should deposit nomination form with their pension paying Bank for drawing Life time pension arrears so that their family is not put into difficulty
    The form can be downloaded from the following site
    Link for the form: http://www.pensionersportal.gov.in/F...rms/Form-A.pdf

Senior Member Kanaujiaml is on a distinguished road

My dear Mulukutla ji. I hope you do have original PPO with you as well as your pension disbursing bank. Besides, if you do have a Joint Bank a/c with your wife for pension payment, then there is no worry. You can submit a filled up Nomination form (each bank has got its own format) to your Bank and obtain a receipt which is normally given by the Bank official. You can also talk to Bank official to confirm that your Nomination has been properly accepted by the Bank Computer. If this much is done, there is nothing to worry more. There would not be presented any problem in respect of Family Pension and the payment of any due arrears of your pension. Revised PPOs are being issued by the Departmental Chief Accounts Officers (which issued your original PPO) on receipt of information from Banks. Banks are taking there own time. The process is time consuming and it would take some more time. Regards.
    Last edited by Kanaujiaml; 28-09-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

PPO should have been granted immediaely after your retirement

Quote Originally Posted by sundarar View Post
    ---------------------------
    Nomination form for Banks/Treasury in respect of pension arrears

All pensioners should deposit nomination form with their pension paying Bank for drawing Life time pension arrears so that their family is not put into difficulty
    The form can be downloaded from the following site
    Link for the form: http://www.pensionersportal.gov.in/F...rms/Form-A.pdf
    Thank you very much,sir for the info. I will check up whether I have given the nomination form to my Banker and if not, I shall do the needful. Thanks once again.

Quote Originally Posted by RKPATHAK View Post
    PPO should have been granted immediaely after your retirement
    Thank you sir for your reply. I do have the original PPO granted at the time of my retirement. But it does not reflect the present status of my Pension and Family Pension and other particulars. Hence I thought of the need for a revd. PPO; Thanks once again sir.

Thank you sir for your query. I do have the original PPO but it does not reflect the present status of my Pension and more importantly the family pension. I thought a revised PPO with latest details will not create any difficulties for my spouse later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaujiaml View Post
    My dear Mulukutla ji. I hope you do have original PPO with you as well as your pension disbursing bank. Besides, if you do have a Joint Bank a/c with your wife for pension payment, then there is no worry. You can submit a filled up Nomination form (each bank has got its own format) to your Bank and obtain a receipt which is normally given by the Bank official. You can also talk to Bank official to confirm that your Nomination has been properly accepted by the Bank Computer. If this much is done, there is nothing to worry more. There would not be presented any problem in respect of Family Pension and the payment of any due arrears of your pension. Revised PPOs are being issued by the Departmental Chief Accounts Officers (which issued your original PPO) on receipt of information from Banks. Banks are taking there own time. The process is time consuming and it would take some more time. Regards.
    Thank you very much, indeed sir, for your very detailed and extremely useful advice. I shall check up whether I have given the nomination to my Banker. If I have done so, I shall follow your advice to find out personally whether the form has been accepted by their computer. I shall also check up whether I have the receipt for the nomination. I have converted my Pension Account into Joint with my wife recently. After going through your reply I felt reassured that if I put through your suggestions I need not worry about the revd.PPO. Thanks for all the pains you have taken.
    Last edited by Mulukutla; 29-09-2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Addl. info for the query.

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Dear Mulukutlaji,

As you appear to be conversant with COMPUTER operations-usage, I would also suggest to you to go thru the RBI's Master Circular on Pension Disbursal by Agency Banks.

Limk is: http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/Notifi...Id=5851&Mode=0

Also visit the website of the CPAO, Delhi and pl go through complete Charter there to know the entire gamut of the pension disbursal. Simply typoe "Central Pension Accounting Authority, Delhi" in the browser bar and you will get the site easily.

Link is: http://cpao.nic.in/

You appear to belong to a Dept other than Railways or Defence etc. In such a case, the PAO of the Dept from which you retired will be the key person. Bank has to furnish details to him based on which he will send a Letter to CPAO in the format of a "PPO" and based on that the CPAO will issue the Spl Seal of Authority (viz SSA - in effect the final PPO) to the Banks.

It is the SSA to Banks which are "FINAL" authorisation for disbursal of Pension thru Banks. SSA is the only AUTHORISATION the Banks are supposed to obey. NO OTHER ORDER IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE MANDATORY VALIDITY( like the PAO's copy of PPO sent to Banks; like the DOPPW's OMs - etc which are nothing but "provisional" Disbursal Orders.

Hope this helps.

vnatarajan
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 29-09-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Default Revd. PPO for pre 2006 pensioners

Quote Originally Posted by vnatarajan View Post
    Dear Mulukutlaji,

As you appear to be conversant with COMPUTER operations-usage, I would also suggest to you to go thru the RBI's Master Circular on Pension Disbursal by Agency Banks.

Limk is: http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/Notifi...Id=5851&Mode=0

Also visit the website of the CPAO, Delhi and pl go through complete Charter there to know the entire gamut of the pension disbursal. Simply typoe "Central Pension Accounting Authority, Delhi" in the browser bar and you will get the site easily.

Link is: http://cpao.nic.in/

You appear to belong to a Dept other than Railways or Defence etc. In such a case, the PAO of the Dept from which you retired will be the key person. Bank has to furnish details to him based on which he will send a Letter to CPAO in the format of a "PPO" and based on that the CPAO will issue the Spl Seal of Authority (viz SSA - in effect the final PPO) to the Banks.

It is the SSA to Banks which are "FINAL" authorisation for disbursal of Pension thru Banks. SSA is the only AUTHORISATION the Banks are supposed to obey. NO OTHER ORDER IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE MANDATORY VALIDITY( like the PAO's copy of PPO sent to Banks; like the DOPPW's OMs - etc which are nothing but "provisional" Disbursal Orders.

Hope this helps.

vnatarajan
    Dear Mr.Natarajan,
    Thank you,sir, for the valuable info. I shall follow your advice. I belonged to the Indian Broadcast Engineering Service and retired as Chief Engineer for the Southern Region with Head Quarters at Chennai.

Thank you once again, Sincerely,,
    Suryanarayana M.I.

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Dear Shri MIS,

You must also be thorough with this site, if u have not started yet:

Link: http://pensionersportal.gov.in/index.asp

This is the Official Site of the Dept of Pensions & Pensioners' Welfare (DOPW) of Govt of India where u get all fundas related to pensions, circulars, OMs, policy aspexcts, CPC Revisions, etc etc- and also Ready Calculator for calculating your Revised Pension etc.

Pl master this and CPAO's website to be an active contributor to this forum which is necessary from pensioners like you.

OTHERWISE THE CURRENT PERVERSE TENDENCIES TOWARDS "OLD PENSIONERS' MAY MAKE US LOSE MORE AND MORE!

Regards,

vnatarajan

Dear Shri Natarajan,
    Thank you. I am aware of the referred site and I do take quite a bit of info from it.
    Regards,
    Suryanarayana M.I.

My dear Surya Narain. When did you retire, I mean pre 2006 or post 2006 ? Also what was your pre revised pay scale ? After knowing these two things, I would further like to tell you something more than what Mr. V. Natarajan, a very senior member of this forum and an extremely knowledgeable person with regard to pension matters. has already told you about.

Default Revised PPO

My dear Surya Narain. When did you retire, I mean pre 2006 or post 2006 ? Also what was your pre revised pay scale ? After knowing these two things, I would further like to tell you something more than what Mr. V. Natarajan, a very senior member of this forum and an extremely knowledgeable person with regard to pension matters. has already told you about.
    Dear Shri Kanaujiaml,
    I am a pre 2006 Pensioner. My revised pay scale is 37400-67000; Grade Pay: 10000 Revised pension fixed at 23,700 as on 1.1.2006.
    Will await your esteemed reply.
    Thanking you, Sincerely,
    Mulukutla (M.I.Suryanarayana)

My dear MIS. An Association has been formed comprising of s29 retirees with revised pension 23,700. Actually, revised pension of all s29 retirees with 33 yrs qualifying service should have been fixed at 27,350. Govt. is not ready for it. Hence a case has been filed in CAT/Principal Bench/Delhi, which is in final stages of hearing. If you advice me your e. mail ID, I would send the details.

My dear Kanaujiamlji,
    Wonderful info! My preferred E-mail ID is mi_surya@hotmail.com.
    Thanking You,
    sincerely,
    Suryanarayana M.I.

I hope you have received my e. mail ?

I hope you have received my e. mail ?
    Yes, I have received your e-mail and replied to you. Please confirm receipt of my e-mail reply. Tx.
    Mulukutla

+ Reply to Thread