MH CET 2018: MHT CET, Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates
MH CET 2018: Maharashtra, State Common Entrance Test / MHT CET, Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates
MH CET 2018: MHT CET, Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates
MH CET 2018 Exam Date has been released now. MH CET 2018 will be conducted by the Government of Maharashtra, State Common Entrance Test Cell. It is a state level entrance examination which is also known as MHT CET.
MHCET or Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is conducted by the DTE(Directorate of Technical Education), Maharashtra for admissions to first year Engineering and Technology programmes(BE/BTech) and Pharmacy programmes(BPharma/PharmaD) in the state. These courses are offered by the different colleges & institutions located in Maharashtra state. Here, candidates get complete details about MH CET 2018.
DTE Maharashtra will conduct MHT CET 2018 on May 10. The entrance test of MHT CET will be held for 2 papers – Paper I for Mathematics (1.30 hours) and Paper II (1.30 hours) for Physics and Chemistry in offline or pen & paper based mode. Application forms of MHT CET 2018 will be available in online mode for aspirants from the second week of February to the second week of April 2018.
Candidates will be able to download the admit card of MHT CET 2018 from the fourth week of April 2018. From 2017 onwards, candidates are required to enter their Aadhaar Card details while filling MHT CET application form 2018. So candidates who do not have Aadhaar card must bear this point in mind and get their Aadhaar Cards made.
Every year, over 4 lakh candidates appear in the state level engineering entrance test for admission to B.Tech programmes across the participating institutes. MHT CET has been re-introduced in the year 2016, as before that (in 2014 and 2015), the state level engineering colleges would offer admission to candidates based on JEE Main score. For more details about eligibility criteria, registration, admit card, result, rank list, reservation criteria, counselling and seat allotment of MHT CET 2018, read the article below.
MH CET 2018 Notification – Exam Date Released
MH CET 2018 Examination will be organized on 10th May 2018.
MH CET Exam Date
The official schedule of MHT CET exam date is given here:
|Application Form Availability||1st week of March 2018|
|Last Date to fill the Application Form||4th week of March 2018|
|Last date payment of application fee||Last week of March 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||Last week of April 2018|
|Date of Exam||10th May 2018|
|Answer Key Publish||4th week of May 2018|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June 2018|
MH CET Application Form 2018
Candidates will get the MH CET 2018 application form through online mode. Check the following steps to fill the application form:
- The MHT CET 2018 application form will be available from the 1st week of March 2018.
- Candidates can fill the application form till the 4th week of March 2018.
- There is no other mode to fill the MHT CET application form.
- Candidates have to enter their valid email id, mobile no. & password on the first login.
- Candidates have to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature (not more than 50KB per file). The uploaded files should be in JPEG format.
- Candidates must read the instruction carefully before filling the application form.
- Keep the print copy of the confirmation page for further reference.
- Fill the form correctly, no correction will allowed in future.
- The application fee is Rs. 800 for General candidates and Rs.600 for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates have to download and print the Bank Challan & submit the fee through State Bank of India (SBI) branches.
- Candidates are advised to make the payment after 48 hrs of the registration.
Check Here – How to Fill MH CET 2018 Application Form
The MH CET eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
Engineering, Technology & Pharmacy Courses:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Age Limit:There is no age limit to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass their HSC/12th or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
Health Science Course:
- Age Limit: For Unani and Ayurvedic courses, candidates must be born on or before 1st October 2001. For other health science courses, candidates must be born on or before 31st December 2001.
- Qualifying Exam:Candidates must pass HSC/12th or its equivalent examination with PCB & English.
- Physical Criteria: Candidates should be medically fit.
MH CET Exam Pattern
The exam will be held in the 2nd week of May 2018. Candidates those apply for engineering courses have to appear for PAPER 1 & PAPER 3. Those applying for the Heath science degree and other courses have to appear for PAPER 1 & PAPER 2. Candidates check below the exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized through offline (pen and paper based) mode.
- Language: The question paper will come in English or Marathi or Urdu for PCB. Mathematic paper will be in English language only.
- No. of Papers: It will be consisting of three papers.
- Types of Question: The question paper will be of a Multiple Choice Question.
- Total Marks: Each paper will be of 100 marks.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the exam will be 1½ hours for each paper.
- Answer Mode: Candidates can use black ink ballpoint pen only to mark their answers.
- Negative Marking: No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
|Paper||Subjects||No. of Question (MCQ) Based on||Total Marks|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Paper 3||Biology (Botany)||10||40||100|
MH CET Syllabus
The MHT CET Syllabus will be comprised of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics subjects. It will be the same as per the HSC Examination of HSC Board of Maharashtra. 20% questions will be asked from class 11th syllabus. Candidates are advised to go through the complete syllabus topic-wise to cover the complete syllabus.
MHT-CET 2018 Syllabus, Weightage and Pattern – Click here
- Understand the complete syllabus & clear each and every single concept from text books.
- Plan your preparation in advance so that you can finish each of the chapters accordingly & revise it.
- Stay fit physically & mentally.
- Don’t eat junk foods. Eat fresh vegetables & fruits.
- Time management is very important for any exam. Manage your time according to your subjects.
- Know the MHT CET exam pattern completely so that you know how to study for the exam.
- Solve last years question papers & sample paper.
MH CET Admit Card 2018
- The MHT CET admit card will be available through online mode, the admit card link will be provided as soon as it will be released.
- Candidates will be able to get their admit card from the Last week of April 2018.
- Candidates have to carry the admit card along with the photo ID proof (School/ Passport/College Identity Card) at the examination center.
- The MH CET hall ticket contains details about candidate roll no., name, the address of the examination hall, date & time of exam, etc.
- Keep the admit card safe till the admission procedure not over.
MHT CET Sample Papers 2018
The sample papers of MHT CET 2018 will be released by DTE Maharashtra for candidates benefit who aspire to sit for the state level engineering entrance test. The sample papers of MHT CET 2018 include test papers of previous years or model question papers formulated on similar pattern of MHT CET actual question paper.
MHCET Answer Key
- The exam conducting authority will publish the question booklet of all versions in the 3rd week of May 2018.
- The authority will also release provisional & official answer key through online mode.
- The official MHT CET answer key will be released in the 4th week of May 2018.
- Candidates can check their answer key by entering their “Registration ID” & “Password”.
MHT CET Result 2018
- Candidates will check their MHCET results from the 1st week of June 2018 through online mode.
- The result will be published on our website whenever it announced.
- After the result declaration, MHT CET merit list will be prepared separately for all the courses.
- Keep the printout of the result & keep it safe till the admission process is not over.
- If candidates want to get their answer sheet evaluation verified, an application in the prescribed proforma along with the self attested unstamped envelope will be sent to any divisional authority within four days of result announcement.
- Candidates have to send the envelope along with the DD/Pay order of Rs. 1000 in favour of “Commissionerate, State CET CELL, Mumbai”, payable at Mumbai. The DD will be drawn from any scheduled commercial bank.
MHT CET Merit List 2018
The merit list of MHT CET 2018 will be separately prepared and released by the exam authority, apart from the result of the entrance exam. MHT CET merit list 2018 is expected to be released in the third week of June 2018. Candidates will also get to file their grievances against the merit list of MHT CET 2018. Admission to B.Tech programmes across the participating institutes of MHT CET 2018 will be offered based on the merit list/rank list of MHT CET 2018. DTE Maharashtra is expected to first release provisional merit list and then the final merit list of MHT CET 2018.
How to check MHT CET Merit List 2018?
- Go to the merit list link and click on it (Link will be available later)
- Enter your MHT CET application ID and date of birth
- Click on submit button and your merit rank will be infront of you
MHT CET 2017 Cutoff
|MHT CET 2017 Cutoff||Institute wise Cutoff List||All India Cutoff List|
|Round 1||Click Here||Click Here|
|Round 2||Click Here||Click Here|
MHT CET Cutoff 2016
|Cutoff List of MHT CET 2016||Link to Download|
|Round I||Click Here|
|Round II||Click Here|
|Round III||Click Here|
MH CET Counselling 2018
- After the announcement of the result, candidates will be called for the counselling.
- The counselling will be started from the 2nd week of June 2018.
- Candidates have to report to the regional center as per the counselling schedule.
- The documents & eligibility will be checked by the conducting authority of the selected candidates.
- The authority will invite the application for admissions after the verification of documents & eligibility.
- Candidates have to enter colleges & courses in the decreasing order according to their preferences.
Documents Required during Counselling:
- 10th Marksheet & Passing Certificate
- HSC/12th Marksheet & Passing Certificate
- MH CET Admit Card 2018
- MH CET Score Card 2018
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate
MHCET 2018 Exam Centers
MH CET 2018 will be conducted in following cities in Maharashtra:
- Mumbai Sub Urban
MHT CET Counselling & Seat Allotment 2018
The counselling and seat allotment of MHT CET 2018 will commence tentatively in the first week of June 2018 and will be conducted in three rounds. MHT CET counselling 2018 will be Centralized Counselling Process (CAP). The admission committee may also hold an additional CAP round to fill vacant seats if the need arises. Counselling and seat allotment of MHT CET 2018 will be done according to the merit list of MHT CET, with candidates placed higher getting precedence over lower ranked candidates.
MHT CET 2018 counselling includes the following steps
Step 1: Filling of Online Application form to participate in MHT CET Counselling 2018 (Centralised Admission Process)
Step 2: Visiting Facilitation (FC) in person for Document Verification
Step 3: Display of provisional merit list of eligible candidates
Step 4: Reporting at allotted institute to confirm allotted seat after final CAP round.
During the counselling process, candidates have to participate in choice filling and locking. There are also options like freeze, slide, and float, which allow a candidate to be flexible with their options. After the final CAP round, candidates who have been allotted seats have to report at the institution finally allotted to them to confirm their seats.
MHT CET 2018 Counselling Fees
|S.No.||Category||MHT CET 2018 Counselling Fees|
|1||General, Outside Maharashtra State candidates, and Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries||Rs. 800|
|2||Candidates belonging to Reserved Category of Maharashtra State and PwD applicants from Maharashtra||Rs. 600|
|3||Children of NRI / OCI / PIO, Foreign National||Rs. 5000|
MHT CET Participating Institutes 2018
The participating institutes of MHT CET 2018 are institutes that will offer B.Tech admission on the basis of MHT CET 2018. There are close to 200 participating institutes of MHT CET 2018 that offer undergraduate B.Tech programmes. When filling choice and branches for admission, the candidates must take into account the finer points of each of the participating institute, like courses offered and pass trends. In the table below the list of five participating institutes are given, along with their codes.
MHT CET Participating Institutes 2018 (Only 5 institutes are listed here)
|S.No||Institute Code||Institute Name|
|1||1101||Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Shegaon|
|2||1002||Government College of Engineering, Amravati|
|3||1105||Prof. Ram Meghe Institute of Technology & Research|
|4||1108||P.R. Patil College of Engineering & Technology, Amravati|
|5||1114||Sipna Shikshan Prasarak Mandal College of Engineering & Technology, Amravati|
FAQ’s (Most Asked Question)
Question: When will be the online registration started?
Answer: The online registration will be started from 1st week of March 2018.
Question: Do I have to report to any CET office to fill the online application?
Answer: No. You can fill the application from any place of your convenience (including from home) using internet.
Question: Is there any need to upload documents during application form filling?
Answer: No. You just only have to upload scanned images of photograph & signature in a given format. For details, check the application form section.
Question: I made mistakes during the application form filling. May I correct my mistake & change it?
Answer: You will be allowed to correct these mistakes by sending a letter to the conducting authority.
Question: What is the last date to submit the application form?
Answer: 4th week of March 2018.
Question: How can I pay the application fee?
Answer: You can pay the application fee through Challan.
Question: I am studying in 10+2 right now. May I eligible to apply for engineering course?
Answer: Yes, appearing candidates can also apply for this exam.
Question: Is there any age limit criteria to apply for engineering & technology and pharmacy courses?
Answer: No, there is no age limit for these courses.
Question: What is the exam pattern of the Examination?
Answer: The exam will be conducted through offline (pen and paper based) mode. Check the exam pattern section above for more details.
Question: What is the scheme of negative marking?
Answer: There is no provision for negative marking.
MHT CET FAQs 2018
Q1. Which mode will MHT CET 2018 be conducted in?
Ans: MHT CET 2018 will be held in offline mode.
Q2. Which mode will the application of MHT CET 2018 be available and when?
Ans: The application form of MHT CET 2018 will be available in online mode. The application form is expected tobe released from the second week of February 2017.
Q3. Will the admit card of MHT CET 2018 be sent to the candidate by post
Ans: No, the admit card will be available in online mode only. Candidates can download it by logging in using their MHT CET application number and password.
Q4. When will be the result of MHT CET 2018 declared? How can I download it?
Ans: MHT CET 2018 result will be declared tentatively in the first week of June 2018. To download the MHT CET 2018 result, the candidate will have to log in to the result portal using his/her MHT CET application number and DOB.
MHCET 2018 Contact Information
Directorate Of Technical Education ,Maharashtra State, Mumbai
3, Mahapalika Marg,Post Box No.1967,Opp Metro Cinema
Mumbai 400 001
Phone No:91-022-2264 1150, 2264 1151, 2262 0601, 2269 0602
Fax No: 91-022-2269 2102, 2269 0007
Official Website : http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/
Phone Number : 02222641150