IGNOU Admission 2018 begins at ignou.ac.in
IGNOU Admission 2018 start, visit official website ignou.ac.in to apply
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has released an official notification inviting all the interested, eligible candidates for admission to under graduate, post graduate, diploma, post graduate diploma, and certificate courses in various disciplines.
All the eligible candidates are requested to apply through prescribed format latest by June 30.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has started the online applications for admission to more than 150 programmes for January 2018 session. The applications are invited for master, bachelor, diploma and certificate programmes of the university. Interested candidates have to submit the application form online at the official website — ignou.ac.in. The last date to submit the application form is by December 31, 2017.
The programmes on offer are from diverse disciplines viz., sciences, social sciences, humanities, computer science, health science, agriculture, management, education, social work, tourism, law, performing and visual arts, inter and trans-disciplinary studies, translation, engineering and technology, extension and development studies, foreign languages, journalism and new media studies and vocational education and training.
Moreover, the open university has also launched new programmes and applications are invited from the January, 2018 session for admission to those as well. Among these programmes, two are offered through online mode — Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainability Science (PGDSS) and Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work Counselling (PGDCOUN).
The programmes in Management, that is, Post Graduate specialisation Diplomas in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM), Financial Management (PGDFM), Operations Management (PGDOM), Marketing Management (PGDMM) and Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP) are on offer through offline mode without entrance test.
The common prospectus can be downloaded from the website, free of cost.
Instruction to Fill Application Form Online
- If you are a first time applicant you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired programme and carefully read the details of programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc. You are also requested to download the Common Prospectus 2017-18 and read carefully the rules of the University (Section 06) as mentioned in the common prospectus. You may also read section 1, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13.
- Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF“ that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “LOGIN” button.
- Before proceeding for filling the form online the applicant must have the following:-
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 400 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card(Master/Visa)
- Net Banking
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- ATM Card (PNB)
- It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
Steps to apply:
Log on to the official website, ignou.ac.in
Click on the link for the admission portal
Click to register
Enter all the required details in the prescribed format
Upload all the scanned documents
Click to submit
Note: All the candidates are advised to take print out of the same for further reference.
Moreover, the university has recently launched 11 free online MOOC courses, out of which two — a certificate course in Russian and a certificate course in e-learning — are already functional.
- Last date to apply: December 31
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985.The University began by offering two academic programmes in 1987, i.e., Diploma in Management and Diploma in Distance Education, with strength of 4,528 students.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers various certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes in the field of management, nursing, commerce, arts and many other fields. IGNOU is the renowned University for imparting distance education. IGNOU Registration 2018 for July session will be started from the first week of February 2018.