Articles you may like to read
- Armed Forces Flag Day Fund – Request by Department of Ex-Servicemen
- Restoration of Full Pension for Armed Forces Pensioner absorbed in PSU
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation for Pre-2016 Armed Forces Commissioned Officers and Family Pensioners
- Restoration of full pension for Defence Service Personnel who had drawn lump
Minimum guaranteed pension to pre-2006 Commissioned Officers pensioners/ family pensioners – Corrigendum
No.1 (11 ) 2012/D (Pen/Policy)
Government of lndia
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Dated: 25th November, 2014
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject:- Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the Committee on the issues related to Defence Services Personnel and Ex-Servicemen. 2012- Minimum guaranteed pension to pre-2006 Commissioned Officers pensioners/ family pensioners.
Kindly refer to this Ministry’s letter No.1 (11)/2012/D(Pen/Policy) dated 17.01.2013 issued in implementation of CEC-2012 recommendation relating to the captioned subject. Although enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension for the families of Commissioned Officers were duly taken care of in the table appended with the original letter dated 17.01.2013, this fact, however, could not be included in the body of the letter. Accordingly, following para may be inserted below para 3 of the letter No.1 (11)/2012/ D(Pen/Policy) dated 17.01.2013.
Similarly, the minimum guaranteed enhanced rate of ordinary family pension in respect of pre-2006 Commissioned Officers/Army, Navy, Air Force, DSC & TA family pensioners shall not be less than 50% of the minimum of the fitment table for the rank in the revised pay band as indicated under fitment tables plus the grade pay corresponding to the pre- revised scale from which the pensioner had retired /discharged/invalided out / died including Military Service Pay. In case, where full revised pension is otherwise not authorised to a retired employee in terms of 6th CFC orders, the revised enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension shall be restricted to that amount.”
2. The provisions of this letter shall take effect from 24.9.2012.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Division of this Ministry vide their lD No. 10(11)/2012/FlN/PEN dated 15.10.2014.
Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary (Pension/Policy