CGDA has published brief note on OROP for EDP
Controller General of Defence Accounts has published brief note on the implementation of OROP Scheme for Defence Pensioners
IMPLEMENTATION OF OROP SCHEME FOR DEFENCE PENSIONERS
• The Ministry of Defence, Government of India vide press release dated 05.09.2015 announced decision of the Government to implement OROP to Defence Forces pensioners.
• The Ministry of Defence, Government of India vide notification dated 07.11.2015 issued formal orders on implementation of the OROP scheme bringing out the broad guidelines on the benefits and also the procedure for working out the benefits under OROP.
• CGDA in close association with the PCDA (P) Allahabad, PCDA (Navy) Mumbai and CDA/JCDA (AF) prepared 101 tables indicating Rank, Group, Qualifying Service of PBOR and Commission Officers of the Defence Forces based on working principles within the ambit of the MOD notification. The tables along with draft Government letter on the subject matter were forwarded to the MoD in record time after the working principles for implementation of the scheme were approved by the MoD/GOI.
• The Department of EWS, MoD, GOI has now issued detail Government Order implementing the OROP scheme vide letter dated uploading the 101 tables of various ranks and categories of Defence pensioners along with it through the website www.desw.gov.in.
• The Government letter on OROP scheme along with 101 tables have been circulated to all PDAs by PCDA (P) Allahabad vide their Circular No. 555 dated 04.02.2016 with detailed implementation instructions for working out the schedule for release of OROP benefits to around 18.61 lakh pensioners settle across the length and breadth of the country. Copy of PCDA (P) Allahabad circular No. 555 is available on their website www.pcdapension.nic.in.
• The financial benefit under new orders is to be paid from 01.07.2014 onwards. The provisions of Government Order provides for release of arrears in 4 equal half yearly installments—first installment in the current financial year and the remaining three installments in the subsequent years. However, arrears for family pensioners and pensioners in receipt of gallantry award are to be paid in one installment.