Articles you may like to read
- Meeting of BPMS with Defence Minister on issues of Civilian Defence Employees
- PCDA Circular on granting Fixed Medical Allowance in the places not covered by CGHS
- Non-Productivity Bonus for PBOR Defence Personnel for year 2016-17 – Defence Ministry Orders
- DA from July 2017 for Armed Forces Officers and PBOR
PCA (Fys) Kolkata Circular on Facilitation Fee levied by authorized travel agents for air tickets booked on Government account.
Office of the PCA (Fys) Kolkata, has issued an important Circular on Facilitation Fee levied by authorized travel agents on air tickets book on Government account
Office of the PCA (Fys) Kolkata,
10A, S. K. Bose Road,
Sub: Facilitation Fee levied by authorized travel agents on air tickets book on Government account
A copy of GOI, MoF, DoE, OM no. 19024/1/2012-E-IV, dated 5/9/2014 on the above subject along with M/s Balmer Lawrie Co. Ltd. Letter dated 3/11/2015 is forwarded herewith for your information and guidance, please.
Jt. C of A.(Fys)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi.
Dated the 5th September, 2014.
Subject- ‘Facilitation Fee’ levied by authorised travel agents on air tickets booked on Government account – Withdrawal regarding.
Attention is invited to this Department’s O.M of even number dated 10th October 2013 wherein the authorized travel agents namely M/s Balmer Lawrie & Company Limited (BLCL) M/s ,Ashok Travels & Tours (ATT) and Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC) were allowed to levy ‘Facilitation Fee’ @ Rs.100/- per ticket for domestic sector and Rs.300/- per ticket for international sector for air travel. Wherein Government of India bears the cost of air passage.
2. The issue has been re-examined in consolation with the Ministry of Civil Aviation and Department of Legal Affairs in the light of provisions of the Air craft’s Rules,1937, as amended from time to time and it has been decided to Withdraw this Department’s O.M of even number dated 10th October 2013 with immediate effect. Consequently, no service charges (by whatever nomenclature), which are not included in the tariff charged by Air India / Airlines, are required to be paid to the authorized travel agents.
3. payment to the authorized travel agents for the Bills raised by them for air tickets produced/ purchased till date in respect of air travel already undertaken or due to be undertaken would be regulated as per O.M of even number dated 10.10.2013. it is reiterated that as far as possible air tickets on Government account may be obtained directly from Air India/ Airlines (booking counter/offices/website) and if obtaining tickets directly from Air India/ Airlines is not possible should the services of authorized travel agents be availed of.
4. All Ministries/Departments are advised to bring these instructions to the notice of all concerned from compliance.
TOURS & TRAVEL
Date: November 03, 2015
Principal Controller of Accounts (FYS)
1OA, S K Bose Road
Kolkata – 700001
Kind attention: Mr. Nabarun Dhar, JT. Controller of Accounts (AN)
Kindly refer to your letter ref. no. 2078/ AN-VIII/TA-DA/BL dated 16/10/15, please note that in accordance with GOI, MoF, DoE OM no. 19024/1/2012-E.IV, dated 5/09/2014, we are not charging any Service Charge/Facilitation Fee/ Processing Fee etc. in our bill.
But SERVICE TAX, EDU. Cess, & High Edu. Cess, are Govt. Statutory Taxes which are chargeable if you purchase any ticket from an agency and we are regularly depositing this Service Taxes to the service tax authority vide service tax registration no. AABCB0984EST047, which is already mentioned in our bill.
Hence you are kindly requested to make payment of service taxes accordingly.
for Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd.,
Sr. Branch Manager (Travel & Vacations).