Scared about your Aadhaar info leaking? Here’s how to check online where all it has been used
Wonder how you can find out where all your Aadhaar has been used for verification? You can do this online. UIDAI allows Aadhaar card holders to check their authentication history on its website (https://uidai.gov.in/).
This means that Aadhaar holders can verify where all their Aadhaar card has been used in the past six months.There’s also an option to lodge a complaint in case any instance of misuse is found. As UIDAI says on its website, “This feature can be used to view Authentication details.
Fetch your Aadhaar authentication history (Notifications) data.”Here’s a step-to-step guide to check where all your Aadhaar card has been used in the last six months.
1. Open UIDAI’s website, https://uidai.gov.in. Click on the link ‘Aadhaar Authentication History’ on the page. It is under the sub-head ‘Aadhaar Services’
2. Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the requisite box on the website, just below ‘Aadhaar Authentication History’.
3. Follow this with the 4-digit security code given in the box below.
4. Now ‘Generate OTP’ by clicking on the due link. The OTP will come on your registered mobile number, so you need to have the same handy.
5. The page that opens will ask require the following details: Authentication Type; Select Date Range; Number of Records; and OTP.
6. The drop-down ‘Authentication Type’ will show these options: Demographic, Biometric, All, Demographic & Biometric, Demographic & OTP and Biometric & OTP
7. Choose the option ‘All’ here.
8. Click on ‘Select Date Range’, choose the option given on the page. You can select maximum up to 6 months.
9. Enter the ‘Number of Records’ you want to see on one page. You can request maximum up to 50 records per page.
10. Now just enter the OTP recieved for authentication and click on submit button. All the places where your Aadhaar has been used will show up.
11. In case you find any misuse of your Aadhaar information or any other discrepancy, you can complain to UIDAI by calling on Toll free No. 1947