Articles you may like to read
- Railway Board Order for Revised Rates of Dearness Allowance
- Lesser Pay in Higher level of 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Anomaly Committee Meeting Agenda
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix anomaly arising out of index rationalisation
- 7th Pay Commission PCO Allowance to Staff Production Control Organization in Railways
Minimum educational qualification for recruitment of staff from open market in Level-1 of the pay matrix of 7th CPC in Railways.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 73/2017
No. E(NG)II/2017/RR-1/12 (3192238)
The General Manager (P),
All Zonal Railways/Production Units,
(As per standard mailing list).
Sub: Minimum educational qualification for recruitment of staff from open market in Level-1 of the pay matrix of 7th CPC.
Attention is invited to instructions issued, vide this Ministry’s letter under RBE No. 129/2013 dated 09.12.2013, laying down qualification for recruitment of staff from open market to posts in Pay Band-1 of Rs. 5200-20200 having Grade Pay Rs.1800/. (now Level-1 of the pay matrix of 7th CPC), through all modes, against direct recruitment quota as 10th pass or ITI or equivalent or National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
2. The qualifications have further been reviewed and it has been decided by Board that the minimum educational qualification for recruitment of staff in Level-1 of the pay matrix of 7th CPC (earlier Grade Pay RS. 1800/-) in Civil Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical and S&T departments from open market, through all modes, will henceforth be as under:
10th pass plus National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT
10th pass plus ITI
3. For all other departments of the Railways, the minimum educational qualification will continue to be the same as mentioned in para-1 above.
4. Cases already under process will continue to be dealt in terms of earlier instructions.
Please acknowledge receipt.