7th Pay Commission Bunching Steps in revised pay Structure – Anomaly Committee Meeting Agenda
7th Pay Commission Bunching Steps in revised pay Structure – 7th CPC Pay Fixation – Bunching of steps in the revised pay structure – Agenda Item for NAC meeting to delete contradictory condition
7th Pay Commission Bunching Steps in revised pay Structure – Staff Side representation
Bunching of steps in the Revised Pay structure
In para 5.1.36, the 7 CPC envisaged that
“Although the rationalisation has been done with utmost care to ensure minimum bunching at most levels, however if situation does arise whenever more than two stages are bunched together, one additional increment equal to 3 percent may be given for every two stages bunched, and pay fixed fixed in the subsequent cell in the pay matrix”.
To give effect to the recommendations, orders were issued vide No. 1-6/2016-IC dated 7.9.2016 by the Deptt of Expr-IC.
In consonance with the recommendation, the said order stipulated that officers drawing pay where the difference is less than 3% shall not be entitled for this benefit.
However vide order No 1-6/2016-IC dated 03.08.2017, DOE, IC issued a clarification which was virtually to wipe off the benefit to a large number of employees. They placed 4 (four) conditions for the grant of Bunching benefit as under.
i) Benefit on account of bunching is to be extended when two or more stages get bunched.
ii) Benefit of one increment is to be extended on account of bunching of every two consecutive stages.
iii) As stipulated in MoF OM dated 07.09.2016, a difference of 3% to be reckoned for determination of consecutive pay stages, specific to each employee.
iv) All pay stages lower than the Entry pay in the 6th CPC pay structure indicated in the Pay Matrix contained in the 7th cpc Report are not to be taken into account for determining the extent of bunching.
Condition No (iv) has been incorporated as an afterthought it must be constructed as one contradictory to the very intention expressed in clear terms by the Commission.
The Staff Side demands that the condition No (iv) in the order cited may be deleted so as to provide the benefit of Bunching to all deserving employees.
Checkout the links below to read Topic wise Agenda for 7th Pay Commission Anomaly Committee
- 7th Pay Commission: After no pay hike, here is more bad news for CG employees
- Anomalies in Implementation of 6th and 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission anomaly – Reply by Staff Side for Govt Comments
- Govt terms 7th Pay Commission Minimum Pay, Multiplication factor, and Date of Effect of Allowances are not Pay Anomaly – Staff Side will have to find a way out now
- 7th Pay Commission Minimum Pay, Multiplication Factor and Date of Effect of Allowances – Reaction of Confederation
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation – Anomaly arising out of rejection of Option 1 recommended by 7th CPC
- Lesser Pay in Higher level of 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Anomaly Committee Meeting Agenda
- 7th Pay Commission HRA, Children Education Allowance etc should to be paid from 1st January 2016 – Staff Side JCM
- 7th Pay Commission minimum Pension – Anomaly Committee Meeting Agenda
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix anomaly arising out of index rationalisation
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Anomaly – Removal of same stage in different level of Pay Matrix
- 7th Pay Commission Fixation of Pay on Promotion – Anomaly Committee Meeting Agenda
- 7th Pay Commission Bunching – Removal of 3% increment to grant bunching – Agenda for Anomaly
- 7th Pay Commission Anomaly Committee Meeting – Demands of Staff Side
- 7th Pay Commission Anomalies – Departmental Anomaly Committee